Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [L48A/9] to CaV1.3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CaV1.3 antibody [L48A/9]
See all CaV1.3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [L48A/9] to CaV1.3
SpecificityNo cross reactivity against CaV1.2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Hamster
- Rat brain normal tissue lysate - membrane extract (ab29473) can be used as a positive control in WB. Flow Cyt: SH-SY5Y cells. ICC/IF: Human differentiated iPS cells. IHC-P: Mouse backskin tissue. Human hippocampus tissue.
The clone number has been updated from S48A-9 to L48A/9, both clone numbers name the same antibody clone.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85491 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5-1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionVoltage-sensitive calcium channels (VSCC) mediate the entry of calcium ions into excitable cells and are also involved in a variety of calcium-dependent processes, including muscle contraction, hormone or neurotransmitter release, gene expression, cell motility, cell division and cell death. The isoform alpha-1D gives rise to L-type calcium currents. Long-lasting (L-type) calcium channels belong to the 'high-voltage activated' (HVA) group. They are blocked by dihydropyridines (DHP), phenylalkylamines, benzothiazepines, and by omega-agatoxin-IIIA (omega-Aga-IIIA). They are however insensitive to omega-conotoxin-GVIA (omega-CTx-GVIA) and omega-agatoxin-IVA (omega-Aga-IVA).
Tissue specificityExpressed in pancreatic islets and in brain, where it has been seen in cerebral cortex, hippocampus, basal ganglia, habenula and thalamus. Expressed in the small cell lung carcinoma cell line SCC-9. No expression in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calcium channel alpha-1 subunit (TC 1.A.1.11) family. CACNA1D subfamily.
DomainEach of the four internal repeats contains five hydrophobic transmembrane segments (S1, S2, S3, S5, S6) and one positively charged transmembrane segment (S4). S4 segments probably represent the voltage-sensor and are characterized by a series of positively charged amino acids at every third position.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha-1 polypeptide antibody
- CAC1D_HUMAN antibody
- CACH3 antibody
ab85491 staining CaV1.3 in human hippocampus tissue by IHC-P (Bouin's fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections).
The primary antibody was used at 1:1000 for 1 hour at RT. Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Mouse (green) at 1:50 for 1 hour at RT.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line from bone marrow) cells stained with ab85491 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 minutes) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 minutes. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab85491, 0.5 µg/1x106 cells) for 30 minutes at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 minutes at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1 µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 minutes)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 minutes used under the same conditions.
ab85491 staining CaV1.3 in mouse backskin tissue by IHC-P (Bouin's fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections).
Tissue underwent antigen retrieval using microwave in citrate buffer. The primary antibody was used at 1/100 dilution and then sections were incubated with Fluorophore conjugated goat anti mouse at 1/50 dilution.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab85491 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gao Y et al. Calcium Receptor and Nitric Oxide Synthase Expression in Circular Muscle of Lower Esophagus from Patients with Achalasia. Chin Med J (Engl) 131:2882-2885 (2018). PubMed: 30511698
- Huang JJ et al. Functional expression of the Ca2+ signaling machinery in human embryonic stem cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin 38:1663-1672 (2017). PubMed: 28713161
- Doshina A et al. Cortical cells reveal APP as a new player in the regulation of GABAergic neurotransmission. Sci Rep 7:370 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28337033
- Wang QM et al. Isradipine attenuates MPTP-induced dopamine neuron degeneration by inhibiting up-regulation of L-type calcium channels and iron accumulation in the substantia nigra of mice. Oncotarget 8:47284-47295 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28521299
- Hammarsten P et al. High Caveolin-1 Expression in Tumor Stroma Is Associated with a Favourable Outcome in Prostate Cancer Patients Managed by Watchful Waiting. PLoS One 11:e0164016 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27764093