Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caveolin-1 - Caveolae Marker
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Goat, Hamster, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caveolin-1 antibody - Caveolae Marker
See all Caveolin-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caveolin-1 - Caveolae Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Goat, Hamster, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Cat, Pig, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, African green monkey, African bush elephant
- WB: Human lung, heart and spleen lysate. Rat heart protein extract. ICC/IF: NIH/3T3 and HeLa cells. Rat astrocytes. IHC-P: Human cardiac tissue. IP: A549 cell lysate.
This antibody can be used as a marker for lipid raft fractions.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Caveolin-1 peptide (ab4928).|
FunctionMay act as a scaffolding protein within caveolar membranes. Interacts directly with G-protein alpha subunits and can functionally regulate their activity (By similarity). Involved in the costimulatory signal essential for T-cell receptor (TCR)-mediated T-cell activation. Its binding to DPP4 induces T-cell proliferation and NF-kappa-B activation in a T-cell receptor/CD3-dependent manner. Recruits CTNNB1 to caveolar membranes and may regulate CTNNB1-mediated signaling through the Wnt pathway.
Tissue specificityExpressed in muscle and lung, less so in liver, brain and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CAV1 are the cause of congenital generalized lipodystrophy type 3 (CGL3) [MIM:612526]; also called Berardinelli-Seip congenital lipodystrophy type 3 (BSCL3). Congenital generalized lipodystrophies are autosomal recessive disorders characterized by a near absence of adipose tissue, extreme insulin resistance, hypertriglyceridemia, hepatic steatosis and early onset of diabetes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the caveolin family.
modificationsThe initiator methionine for isoform Beta is removed during or just after translation. The new N-terminal amino acid is then N-acetylated.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Membrane raft. Colocalized with DPP4 in membrane rafts. Potential hairpin-like structure in the membrane. Membrane protein of caveolae.
- Information by UniProt
- BSCL3 antibody
- CAV antibody
- CAV1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Caveolin-1 antibody - Caveolae Marker (ab2910) at 1.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human lung
Lane 2 : Human heart
Lane 3 : Human spleen
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Alexa Fluor anti-rabbit at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 20 kDa
Rat astrocytes stained with fluorescently labeled Caveolin-1 antibody.
Primary antibody is ab2910 at a dilution of 1/500 and the secondary antibody is Texas red labeled anti-rabbit IgG at a dilution of 1/1000.
This image was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Donghui Zhu.
ab2910 staining Caveolin-1 - Caveolae Marker in HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence).
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS + 0.05% Saponin) for 1 hour at 37°C. A Cy3®-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-Caveolin-1 antibody - Caveolae Marker (ab2910) at 2 µg/ml + Rat heart protein extract
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
ab2910 has been referenced in 113 publications.
- Cai X et al. miR-124a enhances therapeutic effects of bone marrow stromal cells transplant on diabetic nephropathy-related epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and fibrosis. J Cell Biochem 121:299-312 (2020). PubMed: 31190436
- Martin GG et al. High Glucose and Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Gene Ablation Differentially Impact Whole Body and Liver Phenotype in High-Fat Pair-Fed Mice. Lipids N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32314395
- Nie Y et al. The Na/K-ATPase a1 and c-Src form signaling complex under native condition: A crosslinking approach. Sci Rep 10:6006 (2020). PubMed: 32265464
- Barruet E et al. Functionally heterogeneous human satellite cells identified by single cell RNA sequencing. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32234209
- Hasan SS et al. Endothelial Notch signaling controls insulin transport in muscle. EMBO Mol Med 12:e09271 (2020). PubMed: 32187826