Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E160] to CBL (phospho Y774)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-CBL (phospho Y774) antibody [E160]
See all CBL primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E160] to CBL (phospho Y774)
SpecificityThe antibody detects Cbl phosphorylated on Tyrosine 774.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr774 of human Cbl.
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899) and human cervical carcinoma tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32446 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionParticipates in signal transduction in hematopoietic cells. Adapter protein that functions as a negative regulator of many signaling pathways that start from receptors at the cell surface. Acts as an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase, which accepts ubiquitin from specific E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, and then transfers it to substrates promoting their degradation by the proteasome. Recognizes activated receptor tyrosine kinases, including PDGFA, EGF and CSF1, and terminates signaling.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CBL are the cause of Noonan syndrome-like disorder (NSL) [MIM:613563]. NSL is a syndrome characterized by a phenotype reminiscent of Noonan syndrome. Clinical features are highly variable, including facial dysmorphism, short neck, developmental delay, hyperextensible joints and thorax abnormalities with widely spaced nipples. The facial features consist of triangular face with hypertelorism, large low-set ears, ptosis, and flat nasal bridge. Some patients manifest cardiac defects.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Cbl-PTB (Cbl-type phosphotyrosine-binding) domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
DomainThe RING-type zinc finger domain mediates binding to an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme.
The N-terminus is composed of the phosphotyrosine binding (PTB) domain, a short linker region and the RING-type zinc finger. The PTB domain, which is also called TKB (tyrosine kinase binding) domain, is composed of three different subdomains: a four-helix bundle (4H), a calcium-binding EF hand and a divergent SH2 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues by EGFR, SYK, FYN and ZAP70 (By similarity). Phosphorylated on tyrosine residues by INSR.
- Information by UniProt
- 4732447J05Rik antibody
- C CBL antibody
- Cas Br M (murine) ecotropic retroviral transforming sequence antibody
All lanes : Anti-CBL (phospho Y774) antibody [E160] (ab32446) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate + Pervanadate
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of human cervical carcinoma using ab32446 at 1/25 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Jurkat cells, untreated (green) or Pervanadate-treated (red), using ab32446 at 1/20 dilution.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32446 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jing Z et al. High c-Cbl expression in gliomas is associated with tumor progression and poor prognosis. Oncol Lett 11:2787-2791 (2016). PubMed: 27073553
- Wakasaki T et al. A critical role of c-Cbl-interacting protein of 85 kDa in the development and progression of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas through the ras-ERK pathway. Neoplasia 12:789-96 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20927317
- Cai J et al. Diacylglycerol kinase delta and protein kinase C(alpha) modulate epidermal growth factor receptor abundance and degradation through ubiquitin-specific protease 8. J Biol Chem 285:6952-9 (2010). PubMed: 20064931