Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9661(B)] to CBR1
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CBR1 antibody [EPR9661(B)]
See all CBR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9661(B)] to CBR1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human CBR1 aa 200 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P16152
- 293T, HeLa, MCF-7 and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab174852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionNADPH-dependent reductase with broad substrate specificity. Catalyzes the reduction of a wide variety of carbonyl compounds including quinones, prostaglandins, menadione, plus various xenobiotics. Catalyzes the reduction of the antitumor anthracyclines doxorubicin and daunorubicin to the cardiotoxic compounds doxorubicinol and daunorubicinol. Can convert prostaglandin E2 to prostaglandin F2-alpha. Can bind glutathione, which explains its higher affinity for glutathione-conjugated substrates. Catalyzes the reduction of S-nitrosoglutathione.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family.
- Information by UniProt
- 15 hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase [NADP+] antibody
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase [NADP+] antibody
- Carbonyl reductase [NADPH] 1 antibody
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from (1) HeLa cells lysate or (2) 1XPBS (negative control) using ab174852, and HRPconjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit IgG.
All lanes : Anti-CBR1 antibody [EPR9661(B)] (ab174852) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
ab174852 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chazarin B et al. Limited Oxidative Stress Favors Resistance to Skeletal Muscle Atrophy in Hibernating Brown Bears (Ursus Arctos). Antioxidants (Basel) 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31443506
- Kwon JH et al. Upregulation of Carbonyl Reductase 1 by Nrf2 as a Potential Therapeutic Intervention for Ischemia/ Reperfusion Injury during Liver Transplantation. Mol Cells 42:672-685 (2019). PubMed: 31486328
- Tak E et al. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate protects against hepatic ischaemia-reperfusion injury by reducing oxidative stress and apoptotic cell death. J Int Med Res 44:1248-1262 (2016). PubMed: 27807255