Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MAC353] to CBX1 / HP1 beta
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-CBX1 / HP1 beta antibody [MAC353]
See all CBX1 / HP1 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MAC353] to CBX1 / HP1 beta
SpecificityAb10811 recognises the M31 molecule in mouse and the homologous HP1 HS beta molecule in man.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein corresponding to Human CBX1/ HP1 beta (C terminal).
- Murine and human nuclear extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10811 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22.2 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionComponent of heterochromatin. Recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9', leading to epigenetic repression. Interaction with lamin B receptor (LBR) can contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all adult and embryonic tissues.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Unassociated with chromosomes during mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- CBX 1 antibody
- CBX antibody
- Cbx1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 2: CBX1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 3: MCF7 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 4: A431 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab10811 observed at 26 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab10811 was shown to specifically react with CBX1 / HP1 beta when CBX1 / HP1 beta knockout samples were used. Wild-type and CBX1 / HP1 beta knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab10811 and ab181602 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1/500 and 1/10000 dilution respectively and incubated overnight at 4C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rat IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) (ab253031) preadsorbed and Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216777)secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
HeLA cells were stained with ab10811 in panel one. In panel two they were stained with ab10811 (green), DAPI (blue) and SH-CREST (red), which stains the centromeres. Fix 30 minutes on ice in 4% formaldehyde in PEM. Quench autofluorescence 2 x 5 minutes with 1 mg/ml Na borohydride or 100 mM ammonium chloride in PEM. Permeablize 30 minutes with 0.5% TX-100 in PEM. Block 30 minutes in 5% milk in TBST. Primary antibody incubated overnight at 4oC diluted 1/100 in 5% milk in TBST. Secondary antibody incubated 1 hour at RT diluted in 5% milk in TBST. Post-fix 20 minutes on ice in 4% formaldehyde in PEM. Quench autofluorescence 2 x 5 minutes with ammonium chloride in PEM. Counterstain with DAPI in TBST. Mount with ProLong Gold antifade reagent from Invitrogen. Notes: Ample washing between each step. TBST = Tris buffered saline + 0.1% Tween. PEM = 80 mM K-PIPES, pH 6.8, 5 mM EGTA, 2 mM MgCl2.
Immunofluorescence analysis of mouse erythroleukemia cell nuclei, staining CBX1 / HP1 beta in heterochromatin, with ab10811.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using Triton X-100 and blocked for 30 min with 2.5% BSA. Cells were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) before incubating with a Cy3-conjugated goat anti-rat IgG to detect staining.
ab10811 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Yang G et al. The histone H3K9 methyltransferase SUV39H links SIRT1 repression to myocardial infarction. Nat Commun 8:14941 (2017). PubMed: 28361889
- Himeda CL et al. CRISPR/dCas9-mediated Transcriptional Inhibition Ameliorates the Epigenetic Dysregulation at D4Z4 and Represses DUX4-fl in FSH Muscular Dystrophy. Mol Ther 24:527-35 (2016). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 26527377
- Liu J et al. HP1a mediates defective heterochromatin repair and accelerates senescence in Zmpste24-deficient cells. Cell Cycle 13:1237-47 (2014). PubMed: 24584199
- Vaskova EA et al. Dynamics of the two heterochromatin types during imprinted X chromosome inactivation in vole Microtus levis. PLoS One 9:e88256 (2014). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24505450
- Tretiakova MS et al. Heterochromatin protein 1 expression is reduced in human thyroid malignancy. Lab Invest 94:788-95 (2014). PubMed: 24840329
- González-Barrios R et al. Differential distribution of HP1 proteins after trichostatin a treatment influences chromosomal stability in HCT116 and WI-38 cells. Cell Div 9:6 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25729403
- Kim Y et al. An essential role for a mammalian SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex during male meiosis. Development 139:1133-40 (2012). IF . PubMed: 22318225
- Mund A et al. SPOC1 modulates DNA repair by regulating key determinants of chromatin compaction and DNA damage response. Nucleic Acids Res : (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23034801
- Talasz H et al. Histone H4-lysine 20 monomethylation is increased in promoter and coding regions of active genes and correlates with hyperacetylation. J Biol Chem 280:38814-22 (2005). ICC/IF . PubMed: 16166085
- Sarg B et al. Histone H4 hyperacetylation precludes histone H4 lysine 20 trimethylation. J Biol Chem 279:53458-64 (2004). PubMed: 15456746