Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to cbx7
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-cbx7 antibody
See all cbx7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to cbx7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Chimpanzee
- ab21873 gave a positive result in the following nuclear lysates: Hela, Jurkat, HepG2. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal protate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21873 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceControl of cell proliferation by Polycomb group proteins (PcG) is an important facet of cellular homeostasis and its disruption can promote tumorigenesis. CBX7 is a novel PcG protein which is found to control the growth of normal cells. CBX7 is a gene that encodes a Polycomb protein, as shown by sequence homology, its interaction with Ring1 and its localization to nuclear Polycomb bodies. CBX7 extends the lifespan of a wide range of normal human cells and immortalizes mouse fibroblasts by downregulating expression of the Ink4a/Arf locus. CBX7 does not inter-function or colocalize with Bmi1, and both can exert their actions independently of each other as shown by reverse genetics. CBX7 was highly expressed in three different prostate cancer cell lines and present at elevated levels in normal prostate. (Gil et al., 2004).
- Cbx 7 antibody
- CBX7 antibody
- Chromobox homolog 7 antibody
- Chromobox protein homolog 7 antibody
IHC image of cbx7 staining in Human normal prostate formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab21873, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-cbx7 antibody (ab21873) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat nuclear extract lysate (ab14844)
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 :
HepG2 nuclear extract lysate (ab14660)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Polyclonal to rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 28 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab21873 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Moussa HF et al. Canonical PRC1 controls sequence-independent propagation of Polycomb-mediated gene silencing. Nat Commun 10:1931 (2019). PubMed: 31036804
- Fursova NA et al. Synergy between Variant PRC1 Complexes Defines Polycomb-Mediated Gene Repression. Mol Cell 74:1020-1036.e8 (2019). PubMed: 31029541
- Scelfo A et al. Functional Landscape of PCGF Proteins Reveals Both RING1A/B-Dependent-and RING1A/B-Independent-Specific Activities. Mol Cell 74:1037-1052.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31029542
- Ren X et al. Maintenance of Nucleolar Homeostasis by CBX4 Alleviates Senescence and Osteoarthritis. Cell Rep 26:3643-3656.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30917318
- Tamburri S et al. Histone H2AK119 Mono-Ubiquitination Is Essential for Polycomb-Mediated Transcriptional Repression. Mol Cell N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31883952