Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD11b
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD11b antibody
See all CD11b primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD11b
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse CD11b aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Raw264.7 whole cell lysate. It also gave a positive signal in Raw264.7 cell line in IF/ICC.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128797 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 127 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-M/beta-2 is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement-coated particles. It is identical with CR-3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the R-G-D peptide in C3b. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ITGAM has been associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 6 (SLEB6) [MIM:609939]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD11b (p170) antibody
- Antigen CD11b p170 antibody
- CD11 antigen like family member B antibody
Overlay histogram showing RAW 264.7 cells stained with ab128797 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab128797, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (polyclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
CD11b was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg RAW 264.7 whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to CD11b and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, RAW 264.7 whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab128797.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 170kDa, non specific bands - 42, 55 and 65kDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band; CD11b
Anti-CD11b antibody (ab128797) at 1 µg/ml + RAW 264.7 (Mouse leukaemic monocyte macrophage cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 127 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
CD11b contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted. The predicted molecular weight of CD11b is 127 kDa (SwissProt), however we expect to observe a banding pattern around 170 kDa. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ICC/IF image of ab128797 stained Raw246.7 cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab128797, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab128797 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Soni S et al. ATP redirects cytokine trafficking and promotes novel membrane TNF signaling via microvesicles. FASEB J 33:6442-6455 (2019). PubMed: 30776316
- Liu YS et al. The pattern-recognition molecule mindin binds integrin Mac-1 to promote macrophage phagocytosis via Syk activation and NF-?B p65 translocation. J Cell Mol Med 23:3402-3416 (2019). PubMed: 30869196
- Liu Y et al. Mongolian Medicine echinops prevented postmenopausal osteoporosis and induced ER/AKT/ERK pathway in BMSCs. Biosci Trends 12:275-281 (2018). PubMed: 29794404
- Hou L et al. Integrin CD11b mediates a-synuclein-induced activation of NADPH oxidase through a Rho-dependent pathway. Redox Biol 14:600-608 (2018). PubMed: 29154191
- Yin X et al. Roles of astrocytic connexin-43, hemichannels, and gap junctions in oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion injury induced neuroinflammation and the possible regulatory mechanisms of salvianolic acid B and carbenoxolone. J Neuroinflammation 15:97 (2018). PubMed: 29587860
- Sun X et al. Inhibition of microRNA-155 modulates endotoxin tolerance by upregulating suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 in microglia. Exp Ther Med 15:4709-4716 (2018). PubMed: 29805490
- Noh MY et al. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Modulate the Functional Properties of Microglia via TGF-ß Secretion. Stem Cells Transl Med 5:1538-1549 (2016). PubMed: 27400795