Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to CD11b
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD11b antibody
See all CD11b primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to CD11b
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Dog
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab62817 is purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62817 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 127 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product. The observed molecular weight corresponds to earlier findings with different antibodies from other sources.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-M/beta-2 is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement-coated particles. It is identical with CR-3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the R-G-D peptide in C3b. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ITGAM has been associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 6 (SLEB6) [MIM:609939]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD11b (p170) antibody
- Antigen CD11b p170 antibody
- CD11 antigen like family member B antibody
ab62817 (2µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Brain shows staining of microglia following steamed antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9 and HRP-staining.
Anti-CD11b antibody (ab62817) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human Brain (Cerebellum) lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg/ml
Predicted band size: 127 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Paraformaldehyde-fixed, 0.15% Triton permeabilized U937 cells stained for CD11B (green) using ab62734 (10ug/ml) in ICC/IF followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (4ug/ml).
Nucelar counterstain: DAPI (blue).
Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10ug/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (4ug/ml).
ab62817 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Dosh RH et al. Interleukin 1 is a key driver of inflammatory bowel disease-demonstration in a murine IL-1Ra knockout model. Oncotarget 10:3559-3575 (2019). PubMed: 31191826
- Ellery SJ et al. Evaluation of 3K3A-Activated Protein C to Treat Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Brain Injury in the Spiny Mouse. Neurotherapeutics 16:231-243 (2019). PubMed: 30225791
- Yuzhalin AE et al. Proteomics analysis of the matrisome from MC38 experimental mouse liver metastases. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 317:G625-G639 (2019). PubMed: 31545917
- Yang Y et al. Effects of intranasal administration with Bacillus subtilis on immune cells in the nasal mucosa and tonsils of piglets. Exp Ther Med 15:5189-5198 (2018). PubMed: 29805543
- Zhou YF et al. Sema4D/PlexinB1 inhibition ameliorates blood-brain barrier damage and improves outcome after stroke in rats. FASEB J 32:2181-2196 (2018). PubMed: 29242274
- Garraway K et al. Relationship of the mucosal microbiota to gastrointestinal inflammation and small cell intestinal lymphoma in cats. J Vet Intern Med 32:1692-1702 (2018). PubMed: 30084202
- Dehnadi A et al. Prophylactic orthosteric inhibition of leukocyte integrin CD11b/CD18 prevents long-term fibrotic kidney failure in cynomolgus monkeys. Nat Commun 8:13899 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28071653
- Zhang R et al. Helium preconditioning protects mouse liver against ischemia and reperfusion injury through the PI3K/Akt pathway. J Hepatol 61:1048-55 (2014). PubMed: 24972044
- Lees CW et al. Analysis of germline GLI1 variation implicates hedgehog signalling in the regulation of intestinal inflammatory pathways. PLoS Med 5:e239 (2008). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 19071955