Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [ICRF44] to CD11b
- Reacts with: Human, Pig, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44]
See all CD11b primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ICRF44] to CD11b
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
Rheumatoid synovial cells and human monocytes.
- Human tonsil.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.142% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44], prediluted (ab135929)
- FITC Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44] (ab176541)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44], prediluted (ab187597)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44] (ab197129)
- APC Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44] (ab218639)
- Biotin Anti-CD11b antibody [ICRF44] (ab239235)
FunctionIntegrin alpha-M/beta-2 is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement-coated particles. It is identical with CR-3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the R-G-D peptide in C3b. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ITGAM has been associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 6 (SLEB6) [MIM:609939]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD11b (p170) antibody
- Antigen CD11b p170 antibody
- CD11 antigen like family member B antibody
ab34216 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Gilardini Montani MS et al. Kaposi Sarcoma Herpes Virus (KSHV) infection inhibits macrophage formation and survival by counteracting Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (M-CSF)-induced increase of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS), c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) phosphorylation and autophagy. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 114:105560 (2019). PubMed: 31220583
- Strunz M et al. Modulation of SPARC/Hevin Proteins in Alzheimer's Disease Brain Injury. J Alzheimers Dis 68:695-710 (2019). PubMed: 30883351
- Chrobok NL et al. Tissue Transglutaminase Appears in Monocytes and Macrophages but Not in Lymphocytes in White Matter Multiple Sclerosis Lesions. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 78:492-500 (2019). PubMed: 31058279
- Bochenek MA et al. Alginate encapsulation as long-term immune protection of allogeneic pancreatic islet cells transplanted into the omental bursa of macaques. Nat Biomed Eng 2:810-821 (2018). PubMed: 30873298
- Cai H et al. High expression of S100A12 on intratumoral stroma cells indicates poor prognosis following surgical resection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Lett 16:5398-5404 (2018). PubMed: 30250610
- Zenkel M et al. Proinflammatory cytokines are involved in the initiation of the abnormal matrix process in pseudoexfoliation syndrome/glaucoma. Am J Pathol 176:2868-79 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 20395431