Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam27699] to CD133
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-CD133 antibody [mAbcam27699]
See all CD133 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam27699] to CD133
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- This antibody gave a positive signal in western blot in the following lysates: Caco-2, HT-29 and mouse kidney normal tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27699 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).|
FunctionMay play a role in cell differentiation, proliferation and apoptosis (PubMed:24556617). Binds cholesterol in cholesterol-containing plasma membrane microdomains and may play a role in the organization of the apical plasma membrane in epithelial cells. During early retinal development acts as a key regulator of disk morphogenesis. Involved in regulation of MAPK and Akt signaling pathways. In neuroblastoma cells suppresses cell differentiation such as neurite outgrowth in a RET-dependent manner (PubMed:20818439).
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is selectively expressed on CD34 hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in adult and fetal bone marrow, fetal liver, cord blood and adult peripheral blood. Isoform 1 is not detected on other blood cells. Isoform 1 is also expressed in a number of non-lymphoid tissues including retina, pancreas, placenta, kidney, liver, lung, brain and heart. Found in saliva within small membrane particles. Isoform 2 is predominantly expressed in fetal liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, and heart as well as adult pancreas, kidney, liver, lung, and placenta. Isoform 2 is highly expressed in fetal liver, low in bone marrow, and barely detectable in peripheral blood. Isoform 2 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells and in epidermal basal cells (at protein level). Expressed in adult retina by rod and cone photoreceptor cells (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseRetinitis pigmentosa 41
Cone-rod dystrophy 12
Stargardt disease 4
Retinal macular dystrophy 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the prominin family.
modificationsIsoform 1 and isoform 2 are glycosylated.
Acetylation at Lys-225, Lys-257 and Lys-264 by NAT8 and NAT8B may control PROM1 protein expression and its function in cell apoptosis.
Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cell projection, microvillus membrane. Cell projection, cilium, photoreceptor outer segment. Endoplasmic reticulum. Endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment. Found in extracellular membrane particles in various body fluids such as cerebrospinal fluid, saliva, seminal fluid and urine.
- Information by UniProt
- AC133 antibody
- Antigen AC133 antibody
- CD133 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CD133 antibody [mAbcam27699] (ab27699) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Caco-2 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HT-29 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse kidney normal tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 55 kDa (possible IgG)
Exposure time: 20 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 55 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab27699 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using a goat anti-mouse antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab27699 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Nosrati A et al. Cancer Stem Cell Markers CD44, CD133 in Primary Gastric Adenocarcinoma. Int J Mol Cell Med 3:279-86 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25635255
- Lubanska D et al. The cyclin-like protein Spy1 regulates growth and division characteristics of the CD133+ population in human glioma. Cancer Cell 25:64-76 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24434210
- De Las Heras M et al. Solitary Tumours Associated with Jaagsiekte Retrovirus in Sheep are Heterogeneous and Contain Cells Expressing Markers Identifying Progenitor Cells in Lung Repair. J Comp Pathol : (2013). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 24176105
- Ou J et al. Fibronectin extra domain A (EDA) sustains CD133(+)/CD44(+) subpopulation of colorectal cancer cells. Stem Cell Res 11:820-33 (2013). PubMed: 23811539
- Feldman DE et al. Pluripotency factor-mediated expression of the leptin receptor (OB-R) links obesity to oncogenesis through tumor-initiating stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:829-34 (2012). PubMed: 22207628
- Blackmore DG et al. Growth hormone responsive neural precursor cells reside within the adult mammalian brain. Sci Rep 2:250 (2012). PubMed: 22355762
- Dubrovska A et al. CXCR4 expression in prostate cancer progenitor cells. PLoS One 7:e31226 (2012). PubMed: 22359577
- Becker L et al. Immunostaining of Lgr5, an intestinal stem cell marker, in normal and premalignant human gastrointestinal tissue. ScientificWorldJournal 8:1168-76 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19030762