Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1H5D8] to CD14
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CD14 antibody [1H5D8]
See all CD14 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H5D8] to CD14
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human CD14 aa 20-214. (Expressed in E.coli).
TTPEPCELDDEDFRCVCNFSEPQPDWSEAFQCVSAVEVEIHAGGLNLEPF LKRVDADADPRQYADTVKALRVRRLTVGAAQVPAQLLVGALRVLAYSRLK ELTLEDLKITGTMPPLPLEATGLALSSLRLRNVSWATGRSWLAELQQWLK PGLKVLSIAQAHSPAFSCEQVRAFPALTSLDLSDNPGLGERGLMA
Database link: P08571
- WB: Human CD14 (aa 20-214) recombinant protein; CD14 (aa 20-214)-hIgGFc transfected HEK-293 cell lysate. IHC-P: Human cervical cancer and colon tissues. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR281538-10 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Contains 0.5% protein stabilizer.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181470 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
FunctionCooperates with MD-2 and TLR4 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Acts via MyD88, TIRAP and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. Up-regulates cell surface molecules, including adhesion molecules.
Tissue specificityExpressed strongly on the surface of monocytes and weakly on the surface of granulocytes; also expressed by most tissue macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesContains 11 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
modificationsN- and O- glycosylated. O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 14 antibody
- CD_antigen=CD14 antibody
- CD14 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon tissue labeling CD14 with ab181470 at 1/200 dilution with DAB staining.
All lanes : Anti-CD14 antibody [1H5D8] (ab181470) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected HEK-293 (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cell lysate
Lane 2 : CD14 (aa 20-214)-hIgGFc transfected HEK-293 (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cell lysate
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of HepG2 (Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) cells labeling CD14 with ab181470 at 1/200 dilution (green). Blue: DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human cervical cancer tissue labeling CD14 with ab181470 at 1/200 dilution with DAB staining.
Anti-CD14 antibody [1H5D8] (ab181470) at 1/500 dilution + Human CD14 (aa 20-214) recombinant protein
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Expected MWt is 46.8 kDa.
ab181470 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lopes-Coelho F et al. Monocytes as Endothelial Progenitor Cells (EPCs), Another Brick in the Wall to Disentangle Tumor Angiogenesis. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31906296
- Russo E et al. Energy Metabolism Analysis of Three Different Mesenchymal Stem Cell Populations of Umbilical Cord Under Normal and Pathologic Conditions. Stem Cell Rev Rep 16:585-595 (2020). PubMed: 32185666
- Han Q et al. Circulating Tie2-Expressing Monocytes: A Potential Biomarker for Cervical Cancer. Onco Targets Ther 13:8877-8885 (2020). PubMed: 32982281
- Wang Q & Su L Vpr Enhances HIV-1 Env Processing and Virion Infectivity in Macrophages by Modulating TET2-Dependent IFITM3 Expression. mBio 10:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31431548
- Genin M et al. M1 and M2 macrophages derived from THP-1 cells differentially modulate the response of cancer cells to etoposide. BMC Cancer 15:577 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 26253167