Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [OX114] to CD147
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD147 antibody [OX114]
See all CD147 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [OX114] to CD147
SpecificityThis antibody recognises both isoforms of CD147.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Fusion protein corresponding to Mouse CD147. The antibody binds to a region between domains 1 and 2 (aa 37-219) of CD147. Fusion protein mCD147dO-2rCD4d3 +4
- mouse splenocytes
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab34016 was purified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34016 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/25 - 1/50.
Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 1 x 106 cells. Note that for staining of whole blood samples increased amounts of antibody may be required due to the presence of CD147 on erythrocytes.
ab18407 - Rat monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionPlays pivotal roles in spermatogenesis, embryo implantation, neural network formation and tumor progression. Stimulates adjacent fibroblasts to produce matrix metalloproteinases (MMPS). May target monocarboxylate transporters SLC16A1, SLC16A3 and SLC16A8 to plasma membranes of retinal pigment epithelium and neural retina. Seems to be a receptor for oligomannosidic glycans. In vitro, promotes outgrowth of astrocytic processes.
Tissue specificityPresent only in vascular endothelium in non-neoplastic regions of the brain, whereas it is present in tumor cells but not in proliferating blood vessels in malignant gliomas.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Colocalizes with SLC16A1 and SLC16A8 (By similarity). Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 5A11 antigen antibody
- 5F7 antibody
- BASI_HUMAN antibody
WB using ab34016.
U: Untransfected HEK-293T cell lysate.
2d: HEK-293T cells transfected with mouse CD147 d1+2 construct.
3d: HEK-293T cells transfected with mouse CD147d0-2 construct.
Data from PMID : 14606962.
Copyright © 2003 Hanna et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article: verbatim copying and redistribution of this article are permitted in all media for any purpose, provided this notice is preserved along with the article's original URL.
ab34016 staining CD147 in mouse peripheral blood lymphocytes by Flow Cytometric analysis.
ab34016 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Shi WP et al. CD147 Promotes CXCL1 Expression and Modulates Liver Fibrogenesis. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29642635
- Lu M et al. Basolateral CD147 induces hepatocyte polarity loss by E-cadherin ubiquitination and degradation in hepatocellular carcinoma progress. Hepatology 68:317-332 (2018). PubMed: 29356040
- Yin J et al. Up-regulated basigin-2 in microglia induced by hypoxia promotes retinal angiogenesis. J Cell Mol Med 21:3467-3480 (2017). PubMed: 28661035
- Zhang DW et al. Reply to: "The role of CD147 in liver injury: the truth is in the details". J Hepatol 58:837-8 (2013). PubMed: 23195620
- McLennan SV et al. The role of CD147 in liver injury: "The truth is in the details". J Hepatol 58:836-7 (2013). PubMed: 23195621
- Seizer P et al. Cyclophilin A affects inflammation, virus elimination and myocardial fibrosis in coxsackievirus B3-induced myocarditis. J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:6-14 (2012). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 22446162
- Agrawal SM et al. EMMPRIN: a novel regulator of leukocyte transmigration into the CNS in multiple sclerosis and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neurosci 31:669-77 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 21228176
- Kato N et al. The E-selectin ligand basigin/CD147 is responsible for neutrophil recruitment in renal ischemia/reperfusion. J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1565-76 (2009). PubMed: 19443639
- Hanna SM et al. A novel form of the membrane protein CD147 that contains an extra Ig-like domain and interacts homophilically. BMC Biochem 4:17 (2003). PubMed: 14606962