Product nameAnti-CD15 antibody [MC-480]
See all CD15 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MC-480] to CD15
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, IP, IHC-P, IHC-FrFl, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Human
F9 teratocarcinoma stem cells (X-irradiated).
- Mouse embryonic carcinoma cell lines positive for SSEA1 include: F9, PCC4, ND-1, SCC1, NG2, LT/SV, MH-15, FA-25. Cell lines negative for SSEA1 include: PYS-2, OTT6050f, B3T3SV. C57SV, K129SV. KCA, QAIB, BW5147. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Mouse normal brain.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Purification notesTissue culture supernatant was cross flow concentrated and buffer exchanged to PBS
Light chain typekappa
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (FITC) (ab5926)
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (Texas Red ®) (ab5927)
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (TRITC) (ab5928)
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (Biotin) (ab5929)
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (Alkaline Phosphatase) (ab5931)
- Goat F(ab')2 Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (Phycoerythrin) (ab5932)
- Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG+IgM+IgA H&L (ab8516)
- Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG+IgM+IgA H&L (FITC) (ab8517)
- Goat Anti-Mouse IgM H&L (ab9167)
- Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgM mu chain (ab9175)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab91545 - Mouse monoclonal IgM, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceCD15 is a carbohydrate adhesion molecule (and not a protein) that mediates phagocytosis and chemotaxis. Synthesis is directed by FUT4 in lymphoid cells and mature granulocytes, and by FUT9 in promyelocytes and monocytes.
Cellular localizationGolgi Apparatus; Membrane-bound form in trans cisternae of Golgi.
- 3-FAL antibody
- Alpha-3-fucosyltransferase antibody
- ELAM 1 ligand antibody
The image shows staining of the cell membranes of P19 mouse embryonic carcinoma cells using SSEA1-specific antibody, ab16285.
Cell surface flow analysis of SSEA1 on D3 mouse ES cells using ab16285 at 1:100 dilution. Purple histogram represents negative control; green line represents anti-SSEA1 antibody (ab16285).
IHC image of SSEA1 staining in mouse normal brain formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab16285, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A Goat anti-Mouse biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab16285 stained mouse embryonic stem cells. The cells were 4% formalin fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16285, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgM (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
This product has been referenced in:
- Pei Y et al. Murine pluripotent stem cells that escape differentiation inside teratomas maintain pluripotency. PeerJ 6:e4177 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29312817) »
- Wu Y et al. Generation and characterization of induced pluripotent stem cells from guinea pig fetal fibroblasts. Mol Med Rep 15:3690-3698 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28393187) »