Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OTI2G12] to CD163
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD163 antibody [OTI2G12]
See all CD163 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OTI2G12] to CD163
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human CD163.
Database link: Q86VB7
- WB: HEK-293T cell lysate transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY CD163 cDNA. IHC-P: Human liver tissue. ICC/IF: COS-7 cells transiently transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY CD163.
Dilute in PBS (pH7.3) before use.
The clone number has been updated from 2G12 to OTI2G12, both clone numbers name the same clone.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 6th September 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab156769 was purified from cell culture supernatant by affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab156769 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 125 kDa.|
FunctionAcute phase-regulated receptor involved in clearance and endocytosis of hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes by macrophages and may thereby protect tissues from free hemoglobin-mediated oxidative damage. May play a role in the uptake and recycling of iron, via endocytosis of hemoglobin/haptoglobin and subsequent breakdown of heme. Binds hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes in a calcium-dependent and pH-dependent manner. Exhibits a higher affinity for complexes of hemoglobin and multimeric haptoglobin of HP*1F phenotype than for complexes of hemoglobin and dimeric haptoglobin of HP*1S phenotype. Induces a cascade of intracellular signals that involves tyrosine kinase-dependent calcium mobilization, inositol triphosphate production and secretion of IL6 and CSF1. Isoform 3 exhibits the higher capacity for ligand endocytosis and the more pronounced surface expression when expressed in cells.
After shedding, the soluble form (sCD163) may play an anti-inflammatory role, and may be a valuable diagnostic parameter for monitoring macrophage activation in inflammatory conditions.
Tissue specificityExpressed in monocytes and mature macrophages such as Kupffer cells in the liver, red pulp macrophages in the spleen, cortical macrophages in the thymus, resident bone marrow macrophages and meningeal macrophages of the central nervous system. Expressed also in blood. Isoform 1 is the lowest abundant in the blood. Isoform 2 is the lowest abundant in the liver and the spleen. Isoform 3 is the predominant isoform detected in the blood.
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 SRCR domains.
DomainThe SRCR domain 3 mediates calcium-sensitive interaction with hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes.
modificationsA soluble form (sCD163) is produced by proteolytic shedding which can be induced by lipopolysaccharide, phorbol ester and Fc region of immunoglobulin gamma. This cleavage is dependent on protein kinase C and tyrosine kinases and can be blocked by protease inhibitors. The shedding is inhibited by the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase TIMP3, and thus probably induced by membrane-bound metalloproteinases ADAMs.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 show a lower surface expression when expressed in cells.
- Information by UniProt
- C163A_HUMAN antibody
- CD 163 antibody
- CD163 antibody
Paraffin-embedded human liver tissue stained for CD163 with ab156769 (1/150 dilution) in immunohistochemical analysis.
Sample: Human tissue lysate - whole (Skeletal muscle (Gastrocnemius).
Specification: Skeletal muscle (Gastrocnemius).
Blocking step: Milk as blocking agent for 1 hour(s) and 0 minute(s) Concentration: 5% Temperature: 25°C.
ab156769 used at a 1/1000 dilution.
A Goat Anti-Mouse Alexa Fluor® 488 was used as the secondary at a 1/5000 dilution.
CON = Healthy patient known to express basal levels of macrophages.
POS = Patient of interest Non specific bands more faint than band of interest in POS.
ab156769 staining CD163 in Human skeletal muscle (Gastrocnemius) by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with methacarn and blocked with 10% serum for 20 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 14 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated Goat anti-mouse polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/200).
Immunofluorescent analysis of COS-7 (african green monkey kidney fibroblast-like cell line) cells transiently transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY CD163 labeling CD163 with ab156769 at 1/100 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-CD163 antibody [OTI2G12] (ab156769) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293T (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cell lysate transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY control
Lane 2 : HEK-293T (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cell lysate transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY CD163 cDNA
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 125 kDa
HEK-293T cell lysates were generated from transient transfection of the cDNA clone (RC212446)
ab156769 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Muyskens JB et al. Cellular and morphological changes with EAA supplementation before and after total knee arthroplasty. J Appl Physiol (1985) 127:531-545 (2019). PubMed: 31343947
- Chen XJ et al. Hypoxia-induced ZEB1 promotes cervical cancer progression via CCL8-dependent tumour-associated macrophage recruitment. Cell Death Dis 10:508 (2019). PubMed: 31263103
- Yang L et al. p38a Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Is a Druggable Target in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. Front Oncol 9:1294 (2019). PubMed: 31828036
- Li J et al. Significance of M2 macrophage in tubulointerstitial disease secondary to primary Sjogren's disease. Ren Fail 40:634-639 (2018). PubMed: 30396309
- Ha DM et al. Transforming growth factor-beta 1 produced by vascular smooth muscle cells predicts fibrosis in the gastrocnemius of patients with peripheral artery disease. J Transl Med 14:39 (2016). IF ; Human . PubMed: 26847457
- Tian W et al. A prognostic risk model for patients with triple negative breast cancer based on stromal natural killer cells, tumor-associated macrophages and growth-arrest specific protein 6. Cancer Sci 107:882-9 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27145494
- Li J et al. Clinical-pathologic significance of CD163 positive macrophage in IgA nephropathy patients with crescents. Int J Clin Exp Med 8:9299-305 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26309588