Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-148] to CD18
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB, Functional Studies
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD18 antibody [MEM-148]
See all CD18 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-148] to CD18
SpecificityRecognizes the epitope exposed on free human CD18 chains unassociated with CD11 as well as on high-affinity state of LFA-1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IP, WB, Functional Studiesmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Pig, Monkey
Tissue/ cell preparation (Human). (Peripheral blood mononuclear cells).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8220 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.
The antibody is excellent marker of activated myeloid cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use under non-reducing conditions.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Induces homotypic cell aggregation and high affinity LFA1 conformation in resting leukocytes.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-L/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM1, ICAM2, ICAM3 and ICAM4. Integrins alpha-M/beta-2 and alpha-X/beta-2 are receptors for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component and for fibrinogen. Integrin alpha-X/beta-2 recognizes the sequence G-P-R in fibrinogen alpha-chain. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for factor X. Integrin alpha-D/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM3 and VCAM1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGB2 are the cause of leukocyte adhesion deficiency type 1 (LAD1) [MIM:116920]. LAD1 patients have recurrent bacterial infections and their leukocytes are deficient in a wide range of adhesion-dependent functions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin beta chain family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
modificationsBoth Ser-745 and Ser-756 become phosphorylated when T-cells are exposed to phorbol esters. Phosphorylation on Thr-758 (but not on Ser-756) allows interaction with 14-3-3 proteins.
- Information by UniProt
- 95 subunit beta antibody
- Beta 2 (antigen CD18 (p95) antibody
- CD 18 antibody
Human peripheral blood lymphocytes stained with ab8220 (red line). Human whole blood was processed using a modified protocol based on Chow et al, 2005 (PMID: 16080188). In brief, human whole blood was fixed in 4% formaldehyde (methanol-free) for 10 min at 22°C. Red blood cells were then lyzed by the addition of Triton X-100 (final concentration - 0.1%) for 15 min at 37°C. For experimentation, cells were treated with 50% methanol (-20°C) for 15 min at 4°C. Cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8220, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 4°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >30,000 total events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. Gating strategy - peripheral blood lymphocytes.
ab8220 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Li D et al. ß-1,3-Glucan/CR3/SYK pathway-dependent LC3B-II accumulation enhanced the fungicidal activity in human neutrophils. J Microbiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30721460
- Trentini A et al. Hydroxyethyl Starch 130/0.4 Binds to Neutrophils Impairing Their Chemotaxis through a Mac-1 Dependent Interaction. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30769810
- Vogel ME et al. Bilirubin Prevents Atherosclerotic Lesion Formation in Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Deficient Mice by Inhibiting Endothelial VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 Signaling. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28365565
- Schlam D et al. Gliotoxin Suppresses Macrophage Immune Function by Subverting Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-Trisphosphate Homeostasis. mBio 7:e02242 (2016). PubMed: 27048806
- Ghislin S et al. LFA-1 and ICAM-1 expression induced during melanoma-endothelial cell co-culture favors the transendothelial migration of melanoma cell lines in vitro. BMC Cancer 12:455 (2012). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 23039186
- Doisne JM et al. The context of HLA-DR/CD18 complex in the plasma membrane governs HLA-DR-derived signals in activated monocytes. Mol Immunol 45:709-18 (2008). PubMed: 17719638
- Suzuki K et al. Indirubin, a Chinese anti-leukaemia drug, promotes neutrophilic differentiation of human myelocytic leukaemia HL-60 cells. Br J Haematol 130:681-90 (2005). WB ; Human . PubMed: 16115123
- Drbal K et al. A proteolytically truncated form of free CD18, the common chain of leukocyte integrins, as a novel marker of activated myeloid cells. Blood 98:1561-6 (2001). PubMed: 11520808
- Drbal K et al. A novel anti-CD18 mAb recognizes an activation-related epitope and induces a high-affinity conformation in leukocyte integrins. Immunobiology 203:687-98 (2001). PubMed: 11402502
- Drbal K et al. Human leukocytes contain a large pool of free forms of CD18. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275:295-9 (2000). PubMed: 10964661