Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-148] to CD18, prediluted (APC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: APC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD18 antibody [MEM-148], prediluted (APC)
See all CD18 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-148] to CD18, prediluted (APC)
ConjugationAPC. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for the epitope exposed on free human CD18 chains unassociated with CD11 as well as on high affinity state of LFA-1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
The conjugate was purified by size-exclusion chromatography and adjusted for direct use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-L/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM1, ICAM2, ICAM3 and ICAM4. Integrins alpha-M/beta-2 and alpha-X/beta-2 are receptors for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component and for fibrinogen. Integrin alpha-X/beta-2 recognizes the sequence G-P-R in fibrinogen alpha-chain. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for factor X. Integrin alpha-D/beta-2 is a receptor for ICAM3 and VCAM1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGB2 are the cause of leukocyte adhesion deficiency type 1 (LAD1) [MIM:116920]. LAD1 patients have recurrent bacterial infections and their leukocytes are deficient in a wide range of adhesion-dependent functions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin beta chain family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
modificationsBoth Ser-745 and Ser-756 become phosphorylated when T-cells are exposed to phorbol esters. Phosphorylation on Thr-758 (but not on Ser-756) allows interaction with 14-3-3 proteins.
- Information by UniProt
- 95 subunit beta antibody
- Beta 2 (antigen CD18 (p95) antibody
- CD 18 antibody
ab40911 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Drbal K et al. A novel anti-CD18 mAb recognizes an activation-related epitope and induces a high-affinity conformation in leukocyte integrins. Immunobiology 203:687-98 (2001). PubMed: 11402502
- Drbal K et al. A proteolytically truncated form of free CD18, the common chain of leukocyte integrins, as a novel marker of activated myeloid cells. Blood 98:1561-6 (2001). PubMed: 11520808
- Drbal K et al. Human leukocytes contain a large pool of free forms of CD18. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 275:295-9 (2000). PubMed: 10964661