Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NOR3.2 (NOR3.2/13.17)] to CD1d
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD1d antibody [NOR3.2 (NOR3.2/13.17)]
See all CD1d primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NOR3.2 (NOR3.2/13.17)] to CD1d
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep
Fusion protein corresponding to Human CD1d.
- IHC-P: Human skin tissue. Flow Cyt: MOLT4 cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Clone numberNOR3.2 (NOR3.2/13.17)
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11076 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionAntigen-presenting protein that binds self and non-self glycolipids and presents them to T-cell receptors on natural killer T-cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed on cortical thymocytes, on certain T-cell leukemias, and in various other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. Subject to intracellular trafficking between the cell membrane, endosomes and lysosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen-presenting glycoprotein CD1d antibody
- CD1.1 antibody
- CD1A antibody
IHC image of CD1d staining in human normal skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA based pH 9.0 solution (epitope retrieval solution 2) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab11076, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing MOLT4 cells stained with ab11076 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab11076, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabeled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab11076 staining CD1d in human skin tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and an antigen retrieval step was performed using EDTA pH 8.0 for 20 minutes at 100°C. Samples were then incubated with ab11076 at a 1/200 dilution for 20 minutes at 25°C. The secondary used was an undiluted HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse/rabbit IgG.
ab11076 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Ascierto ML et al. Molecular signatures mostly associated with NK cells are predictive of relapse free survival in breast cancer patients. J Transl Med 11:145 (2013). IHC-P . PubMed: 23758773
- Xu C et al. Expression of CD1d and presence of invariant NKT cells in classical Hodgkin lymphoma. Am J Hematol 85:539-41 (2010). IHC . PubMed: 20575029
- Allen CE et al. Cell-specific gene expression in Langerhans cell histiocytosis lesions reveals a distinct profile compared with epidermal Langerhans cells. J Immunol 184:4557-67 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 20220088
- Motohashi S et al. A phase I-II study of alpha-galactosylceramide-pulsed IL-2/GM-CSF-cultured peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with advanced and recurrent non-small cell lung cancer. J Immunol 182:2492-501 (2009). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 19201905
- Matsumoto J et al. Expression of surface CD1d in the extravillous trophoblast cells of early gestational placenta is downregulated in a manner dependent on trophoblast differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:236-41 (2008). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 18433720
- Kawana K et al. Expression of CD1d and ligand-induced cytokine production are tissue specific in mucosal epithelia of the human lower reproductive tract. Infect Immun 76:3011-8 (2008). PubMed: 18458073
- Kawana K et al. CD1d degradation in Chlamydia trachomatis-infected epithelial cells is the result of both cellular and chlamydial proteasomal activity. J Biol Chem 282:7368-75 (2007). PubMed: 17215251
- Shimizu K et al. Evaluation of the function of human invariant NKT cells from cancer patients using alpha-galactosylceramide-loaded murine dendritic cells. J Immunol 177:3484-92 (2006). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 16920991