Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3693] to CD2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-CD2 antibody [EPR3693]
See all CD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3693] to CD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CD2 aa 100-200. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- PBMC and Jurkat cell lysate
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119993 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|ICC||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionCD2 interacts with lymphocyte function-associated antigen (LFA-3) and CD48/BCM1 to mediate adhesion between T-cells and other cell types. CD2 is implicated in the triggering of T-cells, the cytoplasmic domain is implicated in the signaling function.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 2 antibody
- CD2 antibody
- CD2 antigen (p50), sheep red blood cell receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-CD2 antibody [EPR3693] (ab119993) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : PBMC cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab119993 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Foster CT et al. Mutual dependence of the MRTF-SRF and YAP-TEAD pathways in cancer-associated fibroblasts is indirect and mediated by cytoskeletal dynamics. Genes Dev 31:2361-2375 (2017). PubMed: 29317486
- Boissard F et al. Nurse-like cells promote CLL survival through LFA-3/CD2 interactions. Oncotarget 8:52225-52236 (2017). Flow Cyt, ICC/IF . PubMed: 28881725