Product nameAnti-CD239/BCAM antibody [EPR4165]
See all CD239/BCAM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4165] to CD239/BCAM
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human CD239/BCAM aa 600-700 (C terminal).
- 293T cell lysate, HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035), A431 cell lysate, Human tonsil tissue
This product was previously labelled as CD239
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134110 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa).|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Perform antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionLaminin alpha-5 receptor. May mediate intracellular signaling.
Tissue specificityWide tissue distribution (highest in the pancreas and very low in brain). Closely associated with the basal layer of cells in epithelia and the endothelium of blood vessel walls.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 2 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Developmental stageIs under developmental control in liver and may also be regulated during differentiation in other tissues. Up-regulated following malignant transformation in some cell types.
modificationsEpinephrine-stimulated phosphorylation of Ser-621 by PKA enhances adhesion to laminin.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody F8 antibody
- AU antibody
- Auberger B antigen antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human tonsil tissue labelling CD239/BCAM with ab134110 at 1/250.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-CD239/BCAM antibody [EPR4165] (ab134110) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab134110 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sun M et al. Application of a novel targeting nanoparticle contrast agent combined with magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm. Exp Ther Med 16:1216-1224 (2018). PubMed: 30116372
- Sprague L et al. Dendritic cells: In vitro culture in two- and three-dimensional collagen systems and expression of collagen receptors in tumors and atherosclerotic microenvironments. Exp Cell Res 323:7-27 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 24569142
- Timpe LC et al. Systemic alteration of cell-surface and secreted glycoprotein expression in malignant breast cancer cell lines. Glycobiology 23:1240-9 (2013). PubMed: 23918816