Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [M1/69] to CD24
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, Functional Studies
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-CD24 antibody [M1/69]
See all CD24 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [M1/69] to CD24
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, Functional Studiesmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
C57BL/10 mouse splenic T cells and concanavalin A-activated splenocytes.
- C57BL/6 mouse splenocytes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64064 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution. in vitro induction of thymocyte maturation2 and complement-mediated cytotoxicity.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use acetone-fixed frozen sections.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 9 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionModulates B-cell activation responses. Signaling could be triggered by the binding of a lectin-like ligand to the CD24 carbohydrates, and transduced by the release of second messengers derived from the GPI-anchor. Promotes AG-dependent proliferation of B-cells, and prevents their terminal differentiation into antibody-forming cells.
Tissue specificityB-cells. Expressed in a number of B-cell lines including P32/SH and Namalwa. Expressed in erythroleukemia cell and small cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Also expressed on the surface of T-cells.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in CD24 are associated with susceptibility to multiple sclerosis (MS) [MIM:126200]. A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Polymorphisms in CD24 may act as a genetic modifier for susceptibility and progression of MS in some populations, perhaps by affecting the efficiency of CD24 expression on the cell surface.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD24 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 24 antibody
- CD24 antibody
- CD24 antigen (small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen) antibody
Flow cytometry of C57BL/6 mouse splenocytes stained with ab64064, at 0.25 µg per 106 cells, followed by anti-rat IgG FITC.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Mouse spleen tissue, staining Perforin with ab64064.
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with Tween-20; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in Tris-EDTA buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in diluent) for 30 minutes at 20°C. An undiluted Histofine®-conjugated goat anti-rat polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab64064 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chen H et al. Regeneration of pulpo-dentinal-like complex by a group of unique multipotent CD24a+ stem cells. Sci Adv 6:eaay1514 (2020). PubMed: 32284993
- Dumm RE et al. Non-lytic clearance of influenza B virus from infected cells preserves epithelial barrier function. Nat Commun 10:779 (2019). PubMed: 30770807
- Yang C et al. lncARSR promotes liver cancer stem cells expansion via STAT3 pathway. Gene 687:73-81 (2019). PubMed: 30391438
- Zhang C et al. TGFß1 Promotes Breast Cancer Local Invasion and Liver Metastasis by Increasing the CD44high/CD24- Subpopulation. Technol Cancer Res Treat 17:1533033818764497 (2018). PubMed: 29658391
- Liu Z et al. CD24 identifies nucleus pulposus progenitors/notochordal cells for disc regeneration. J Biol Eng 12:35 (2018). PubMed: 30598696
- Guo JJ et al. p63 inhibits CD44+/CD24-cell proliferation and chemoresistance in papillary thyroid carcinoma cells. Exp Ther Med 14:4693-4696 (2017). PubMed: 29201169
- Sha S et al. Targeting long non-coding RNA DANCR inhibits triple negative breast cancer progression. Biol Open 6:1310-1316 (2017). PubMed: 28760736
- Cuevas E et al. Lin41/Trim71 is essential for mouse development and specifically expressed in postnatal ependymal cells of the brain. Front Cell Dev Biol 3:20 (2015). PubMed: 25883935
- Neirinckx V et al. Adult Bone Marrow Neural Crest Stem Cells and Mesenchymal Stem Cells Are Not Able to Replace Lost Neurons in Acute MPTP-Lesioned Mice. PLoS One 8:e64723 (2013). IHC-Fr, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23741377