Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [10C12] to CD4
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, Blocking
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [10C12]
See all CD4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10C12] to CD4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IF, Blockingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Monkey
EpitopeThis antibody recognizes an epitope within amino acids 439-458 of the cytoplasmic tail region of human CD4.
- Jurkat and H9 cell lysates for ELISA, and CEM cells on glass slides for IF.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 19/12/2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25804 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20929345|
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22745469|
FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
ab25804 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chae JJ et al. Nictitating membrane fixation improves stability of the contact lens on the animal corneal surface. PLoS One 13:e0194795 (2018). PubMed: 29584737
- Wongsena W et al. Melatonin suppresses eosinophils and Th17 cells in hamsters treated with a combination of human liver fluke infection and a chemical carcinogen. Pharmacol Rep 70:98-105 (2018). PubMed: 29331794
- Atanackovic D et al. Role of interleukin 16 in multiple myeloma. J Natl Cancer Inst 104:1005-20 (2012). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 22745469
- McCarty WJ et al. The biophysical mechanisms of altered hyaluronan concentration in synovial fluid after anterior cruciate ligament transection. Arthritis Rheum 64:3993-4003 (2012). PubMed: 22933328
- Cotter EJ et al. HIV type 1 alters mesenchymal stem cell differentiation potential and cell phenotype ex vivo. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:187-99 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20929345
- Fenster CP et al. The role of CD4-dependent signaling in interleukin-16 induced c-Fos expression and facilitation of neurite outgrowth in cerebellar granule neurons. Neurosci Lett 485:212-6 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20849916