Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5]
See all CD4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [GK1.5] to CD4
Specificityab25475 recognises CD4/L3T4, Mr 52 kDa.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, IP, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue/ cell preparation (Mouse) - cloned mouse CTL line V4.
This antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 8.20
Constituent: 100% Borate buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from ascites.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody blocks helper T cell responses to MHC class II antigens, including cytolysis, proliferation, allogeneic B cell help, and release of lymphokines.
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR6855] (ab133616)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR6855] - BSA and Azide free (ab181724)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR19514] (ab183685)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR6855] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab196147)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR6855] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab196372)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [EPR19514] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab221775)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [SP35] - BSA and Azide free (ab238798)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (PerCP/Cy5.5®) (ab210265)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (Allophycocyanin/Cy7 ®) (ab218744)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (FITC) (ab218745)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (CF405M) (ab237029)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (violetFluor™ 450) (ab242009)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (redFluor™ 710) (ab242010)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (PE/Cy5®) (ab25476)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [GK1.5] (Allophycocyanin) (ab25497)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25475 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 6415170(In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD4+ cells; Inhibition of T helper function and Fractionation of CD4+ cells) Use at an assay dependent dilution. For details see: Kruisbeek, A. M., et al. 1991. In Current Protocols in Immunology. John Wiley & Sons, New York, p. 4.1.1. See also PubMed: 6415170. For details see: Kruisbeek, A. M., et al.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18536 - Rat monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21345609|
FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
ab25475 staining CD4 (red) in mouse spleen tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 12 hours at 4°C. A Cy3®-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
Flow Cytometry analysis of BALB/c mouse splenocytes labeling CD4 with ab25475 at 1 μg/106 cells dilution (purple). A Mouse Anti-Rat IgG2b-PE was used as the secondary antibody. Grey - Isotype Control, Rat IgG2b-UNLB followed by Mouse Anti-Rat IgG2b-PE.
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu X et al. Newcastle disease virus co-expressing interleukin 7 and interleukin 15 modified tumor cells as a vaccine for cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Sci 109:279-288 (2018). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 29224228) »
- Nakajima Y et al. Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging Directly Visualizes Lymphatic Drainage Pathways and Connections between Superficial and Deep Lymphatic Systems in the Mouse Hindlimb. Sci Rep 8:7078 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29728629) »