Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-241] to CD4 (Biotin)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (Biotin)
See all CD4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-241] to CD4 (Biotin)
SpecificityThe antibody reacts with CD4 antigen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
CD4 fusion protein (Human).
The purified antibody is conjugated with Biotin-LC-NHS under optimum conditions. The reagent is free of unconjugated biotin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (APC) (ab18280)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (FITC) (ab18281)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (PE) (ab18282)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM241] (APC/Cy7®) (ab233298)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM241] (PE/Cy7®) (ab233660)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (Alexa Fluor® 700) (ab270671)
- Anti-CD4 antibody [MEM-241] (PerCP) (ab65951)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28069 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab18434 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
ab28069 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Chen YT et al. Quantitatively Resolving Ligand-Receptor Bonds on Cell Surfaces Using Force-Induced Remnant Magnetization Spectroscopy. ACS Cent Sci 2:75-9 (2016). PubMed: 27163031