Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OX-35] to CD4
- Suitable for: ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG2a
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33775 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/50.
Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAccessory protein for MHC class-II antigen/T-cell receptor interaction. May regulate T-cell activation. Induces the aggregation of lipid rafts.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsPalmitoylation and association with LCK contribute to the enrichment of CD4 in lipid rafts.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to lipid rafts. Removed from plasma membrane by HIV-1 Nef protein that increases clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation. Cell surface expression is also down-modulated by HIV-1 Envelope polyprotein gp160 that interacts with, and sequesters CD4 in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 4 antibody
- CD4 (L3T4) antibody
- CD4 antibody
ab33775 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Heuer A et al. hESC-derived neural progenitors prevent xenograft rejection through neonatal desensitisation. Exp Neurol 282:78-85 (2016). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 27235932
- Ellison SM et al. Dose-dependent Neuroprotection of VEGF165 in Huntington's Disease Striatum. Mol Ther 21:1862-1875 (2013). PubMed: 23799534
- Watanabe R et al. Inhibition of NF-?B activation by a novel IKK inhibitor reduces the severity of experimental autoimmune myocarditis via suppression of T-cell activation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H1761-71 (2013). PubMed: 24097428
- Thampi P et al. Pathological effects of processed bovine pericardial scaffolds--a comparative in vivo evaluation. Artif Organs 37:600-5 (2013). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 23452255
- Randall KJ & Pearse G A dual-label technique for the immunohistochemical demonstration of T-lymphocyte subsets in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat lymphoid tissue. Toxicol Pathol 36:795-804 (2008). PubMed: 18776164
- Pohlers D et al. Differential clinical efficacy of anti-CD4 monoclonal antibodies in rat adjuvant arthritis is paralleled by differential influence on NF-kappaB binding activity and TNF-alpha secretion of T cells. Arthritis Res 4:184-9 (2002). PubMed: 12010568