Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD41
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-CD41 antibody
See all CD41 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD41
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CD41 (N terminal). Synthetic peptide derived from the N terminal domain of Human CD41.
Database link: P08514
This product was changed from whole antiserum to Protein A purified on 15th June 2016. The following lots are from whole antiserum and are still in stock as of 15th June 2016, GR264406-3, GR250036-5 , GR250036-4. Lot numbers higher than GR264406-3, will be Protein A purified. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
FunctionIntegrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 is a receptor for fibronectin, fibrinogen, plasminogen, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vitronectin. It recognizes the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. It recognizes the sequence H-H-L-G-G-G-A-K-Q-A-G-D-V in fibrinogen gamma chain. Following activation integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 brings about platelet/platelet interaction through binding of soluble fibrinogen. This step leads to rapid platelet aggregation which physically plugs ruptured endothelial cell surface.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 and isoform 2 were identified in platelets and megakaryocytes, but not in reticulocytes or in Jurkat and U937 white blood cell line. Isoform 3 is expressed by leukemia, prostate adenocarcinoma and melanoma cells but not by platelets or normal prostate or breast epithelial cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGA2B are a cause of Glanzmann thrombasthenia (GT) [MIM:273800]; also known as thrombasthenia of Glanzmann and Naegeli. GT is the most common inherited disease of platelets. It is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by mucocutaneous bleeding of mild-to-moderate severity and the inability of this integrin to recognize macromolecular or synthetic peptide ligands. GT has been classified clinically into types I and II. In type I, platelets show absence of the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complexes at their surface and lack fibrinogen and clot retraction capability. In type II, the platelets express the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complex at reduced levels (5-20% controls), have detectable amounts of fibrinogen, and have low or moderate clot retraction capability. The platelets of GT 'variants' have normal or near normal (60-100%) expression of dysfunctional receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD41 antibody
- BDPLT16 antibody
- BDPLT2 antibody
ab63983 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Köhler D et al. Red blood cell-derived semaphorin 7A promotes thrombo-inflammation in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury through platelet GPIb. Nat Commun 11:1315 (2020). PubMed: 32161256
- Touahri Y et al. Focused ultrasound as a novel strategy for noninvasive gene delivery to retinal Müller glia. Theranostics 10:2982-2999 (2020). PubMed: 32194850
- Liu Y et al. The Inhibition of P-Selectin Reduced Severe Acute Lung Injury in Immunocompromised Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:8430465 (2020). PubMed: 32377309
- Liu G et al. Engineering Biomimetic Platesomes for pH-Responsive Drug Delivery and Enhanced Antitumor Activity. Adv Mater 31:e1900795 (2019). PubMed: 31222856
- Esteghamat F et al. CELA2A mutations predispose to early-onset atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome and affect plasma insulin and platelet activation. Nat Genet 51:1233-1243 (2019). PubMed: 31358993
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com