Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [MWReg30] to CD41
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD41 antibody [MWReg30]
See all CD41 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MWReg30] to CD41
Specificityab33661 recognizes integrin alpha IIb subunit CD41
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
General notesThe azide free version is ab94960.
Clone MWReg30 has been reported to inhibit PMA induced aggregation in vitro and to induce hypothermia in vivo.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesClone MWReg30 has been reported to inhibit PMA induced aggregation in vitro and to induce hypothermia in vivo.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl.
ab18407 - Rat monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 is a receptor for fibronectin, fibrinogen, plasminogen, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vitronectin. It recognizes the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. It recognizes the sequence H-H-L-G-G-G-A-K-Q-A-G-D-V in fibrinogen gamma chain. Following activation integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 brings about platelet/platelet interaction through binding of soluble fibrinogen. This step leads to rapid platelet aggregation which physically plugs ruptured endothelial cell surface.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 and isoform 2 were identified in platelets and megakaryocytes, but not in reticulocytes or in Jurkat and U937 white blood cell line. Isoform 3 is expressed by leukemia, prostate adenocarcinoma and melanoma cells but not by platelets or normal prostate or breast epithelial cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGA2B are a cause of Glanzmann thrombasthenia (GT) [MIM:273800]; also known as thrombasthenia of Glanzmann and Naegeli. GT is the most common inherited disease of platelets. It is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by mucocutaneous bleeding of mild-to-moderate severity and the inability of this integrin to recognize macromolecular or synthetic peptide ligands. GT has been classified clinically into types I and II. In type I, platelets show absence of the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complexes at their surface and lack fibrinogen and clot retraction capability. In type II, the platelets express the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complex at reduced levels (5-20% controls), have detectable amounts of fibrinogen, and have low or moderate clot retraction capability. The platelets of GT 'variants' have normal or near normal (60-100%) expression of dysfunctional receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD41 antibody
- BDPLT16 antibody
- BDPLT2 antibody
ab33661 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Costa B et al. Intratumoral platelet aggregate formation in a murine preclinical glioma model depends on podoplanin expression on tumor cells. Blood Adv 3:1092-1102 (2019). PubMed: 30948364
- Shimura T et al. Epicatechin as a promising agent to countermeasure radiation exposure by mitigating mitochondrial damage in human fibroblasts and mouse hematopoietic cells. FASEB J 33:6867-6876 (2019). PubMed: 30840834
- Peghaire C et al. The transcription factor ERG regulates a low shear stress-induced anti-thrombotic pathway in the microvasculature. Nat Commun 10:5014 (2019). PubMed: 31676784
- Su C et al. Si-Miao-Yong-An Decoction Protects Against Cardiac Hypertrophy and Dysfunction by Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation and Activation. Front Pharmacol 10:990 (2019). PubMed: 31619988
- Ozawa K et al. Molecular Imaging of VWF (von Willebrand Factor) and Platelet Adhesion in Postischemic Impaired Microvascular Reflow. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 11:e007913 (2018). PubMed: 30571316