Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6995] to CD42b
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-CD42b antibody [EPR6995]
See all CD42b primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6995] to CD42b
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CD42b aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human platelet lysate, Human spleen tissue
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 4.70 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.21% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134087 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 143 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceCD42b is a platelet activation marker involved in the process of coagulation as an aggregating factor. It interacts with extracellular matrix as well as with adhesion molecules. Its expression and activation seems to be regulated by VEGF and PDGF.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- Antigen CD42b alpha antibody
- BDPLT1 antibody
- BDPLT3 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human spleen tissue labelling CD42b with ab134087 at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Anti-CD42b antibody [EPR6995] (ab134087) at 1/10000 dilution + Human platelets at 20 µg
Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
Diluting and blocking buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
ab134087 staining CD42b in human bone marrow tissue by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraffin and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a EDTA buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at a dilution of 1/250. A goat anti-rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) ab97051 was used as the secondary antibody at 1/500.
Negative control 1: PBS in place of primary antibody.
Anti-CD42b antibody [EPR6995] (ab134087) at 1/10000 dilution + Human platelet lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 69 kDa
Observed band size: 143 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab134087 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Park H et al. Histological features of intracranial thrombi in stroke patients with cancer. Ann Neurol 86:143-149 (2019). PubMed: 31025392
- Zhao G et al. Clinical diagnosis of adult patients with acute megakaryocytic leukemia. Oncol Lett 16:6988-6997 (2018). PubMed: 30546432
- Saito H et al. Potential of extravasated platelet aggregation as a surrogate marker for overall survival in patients with advanced gastric cancer treated with preoperative docetaxel, cisplatin and S-1: a retrospective observational study. BMC Cancer 17:294 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28449652
- Kim K et al. Histopathological Findings of Intracranial Thrombi in Nonbacterial Thrombotic Endocarditis. J Stroke 19:367-369 (2017). PubMed: 29037008
- Lee EH et al. Immunogenomics reveal molecular circuits of diclofenac induced liver injury in mice. Oncotarget 7:14983-5017 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26934552
- Tajima H et al. Oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy induces extravasated platelet aggregation in the liver. Mol Clin Oncol 3:555-558 (2015). PubMed: 26137266
- Nakanuma S et al. Extravasated Platelet Aggregation in Liver Zone 3 Is Associated With Thrombocytopenia and Deterioration of Graft Function After Living-Donor Liver Transplant. Exp Clin Transplant 13:556-62 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26643676
- Feng Y et al. Platelets Direct Monocyte Differentiation Into Epithelioid-Like Multinucleated Giant Foam Cells With Suppressive Capacity Upon Mycobacterial Stimulation. J Infect Dis N/A:N/A (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24987031