Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-59] to CD43
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Related conjugates and formulations
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59]
See all CD43 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-59] to CD43
SpecificityRecognizes neuraminidase-sensitive epitope on human CD43 molecule (Leukosialin), which is involved in lymphocyte activation.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human CD43. Human T lymphocytes
- IHC-P: Human spleen tissue.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9088 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
FunctionOne of the major glycoproteins of thymocytes and T lymphocytes. Plays a role in the physicochemical properties of the T-cell surface and in lectin binding. Presents carbohydrate ligands to selectins. Has an extended rodlike structure that could protrude above the glycocalyx of the cell and allow multiple glycan chains to be accessible for binding. Is a counter receptor for SN/Siglec-1 (By similarity). During T-cell activation is actively removed from the T-cell-APC (antigen-presenting cell) contact site thus suggesting a negative regulatory role in adaptive immune response.
Tissue specificityCell surface of thymocytes, T-lymphocytes, neutrophils, plasma cells and myelomas.
modificationsGlycosylated; has a high content of sialic acid and O-linked carbohydrate structures.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 43 antibody
- CD43 antibody
- CD43 antigen antibody
ab9088 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Martin-Jaular L et al. Unbiased proteomic profiling of host cell extracellular vesicle composition and dynamics upon HIV-1 infection. EMBO J 40:e105492 (2021). PubMed: 33709510
- Cermak L et al. Molecular mechanisms involved in CD43-mediated apoptosis of TF-1 cells. Roles of transcription Daxx expression, and adhesion molecules. J Biol Chem 277:7955-61 (2002). PubMed: 11773067
- Alvarado M et al. MEM-59 monoclonal antibody detects a CD43 epitope involved in lymphocyte activation. Eur J Immunol 25:1051-5 (1995). PubMed: 7537669
- Deckert M et al. CD59 molecule: a second ligand for CD2 in T cell adhesion. Eur J Immunol 22:2943-7 (1992). PubMed: 1385156
- Stefanova I et al. Characterization of a broadly expressed human leucocyte surface antigen MEM-43 anchored in membrane through phosphatidylinositol. Mol Immunol 26:153-61 (1989). PubMed: 2918859
- Stefanova I et al. Characterization of a 95 kDa human leucocyte sialoglycoprotein: its identity with CD43, gpL115, leukosialin and sialophorin. Folia Biol (Praha) 34:255-65 (1988). PubMed: 2467832