Product nameAnti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59]
See all CD43 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-59] to CD43
SpecificityRecognizes neuraminidase-sensitive epitope on human CD43 molecule (Leukosialin), which is involved in lymphocyte activation.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IP, WB, Functional Studiesmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human CD43.
- Positive tissue: spleen, thymus, tonsil
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
Purification notesPurified from TCS
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59], prediluted (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab187599)
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59] (FITC) (ab21853)
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59] (Allophycocyanin/Cy7 ®) (ab233451)
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59] (Biotin) (ab28104)
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab46702)
- Anti-CD43 antibody [MEM-59] (Phycoerythrin) (ab60903)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9088 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/100. Use under non-reducing conditions.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration. The antibody activates T lymphocytes and also induces apoptosis in hemopoietic progenitor cells.|
FunctionOne of the major glycoproteins of thymocytes and T lymphocytes. Plays a role in the physicochemical properties of the T-cell surface and in lectin binding. Presents carbohydrate ligands to selectins. Has an extended rodlike structure that could protrude above the glycocalyx of the cell and allow multiple glycan chains to be accessible for binding. Is a counter receptor for SN/Siglec-1 (By similarity). During T-cell activation is actively removed from the T-cell-APC (antigen-presenting cell) contact site thus suggesting a negative regulatory role in adaptive immune response.
Tissue specificityCell surface of thymocytes, T-lymphocytes, neutrophils, plasma cells and myelomas.
modificationsGlycosylated; has a high content of sialic acid and O-linked carbohydrate structures.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 43 antibody
- CD43 antibody
- CD43 antigen antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Cermak L et al. Molecular mechanisms involved in CD43-mediated apoptosis of TF-1 cells. Roles of transcription Daxx expression, and adhesion molecules. J Biol Chem 277:7955-61 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 11773067) »
- Alvarado M et al. MEM-59 monoclonal antibody detects a CD43 epitope involved in lymphocyte activation. Eur J Immunol 25:1051-5 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7537669) »