Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD44
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD44 antibody
See all CD44 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD44
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CD44.
(Peptide available as
- HeLa cell extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24504 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Information by UniProt
- LHR antibody
- BA-1 antibody
- CD 44 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CD44 antibody (ab24504) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 82 kDa
Observed band size: 82 kDa
Additional bands at: 25-50 kDa (possible isoform)
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human prostate cancer cell xenograft tissue, staining CD44 (red) with ab24504.
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.4% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% serum. Samples were incubated overnight with primary antibody (1/100) overnight at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®555-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab24504 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Bax NAM et al. In vivo and in vitro Approaches Reveal Novel Insight Into the Ability of Epicardium-Derived Cells to Create Their Own Extracellular Environment. Front Cardiovasc Med 6:81 (2019). PubMed: 31275946
- Sugiyama Y et al. Neuronal and microglial localization of secreted phosphoprotein 1 (osteopontin) in intact and damaged motor cortex of macaques. Brain Res 1714:52-64 (2019). PubMed: 30790559
- Afify SM et al. Metastasis of Cancer Stem Cells Developed in the Microenvironment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Bioengineering (Basel) 6:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31450740
- Fu Z et al. Upregulation of FoxM1 by MnSOD Overexpression Contributes to Cancer Stem-Like Cell Characteristics in the Lung Cancer H460 Cell Line. Technol Cancer Res Treat 17:1533033818789635 (2018). PubMed: 30111255
- Hu Z et al. Transient receptor potential vanilloid-type 2 targeting on stemness in liver cancer. Biomed Pharmacother 105:697-706 (2018). PubMed: 29906748