Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [KM201] to CD44
- Suitable for: IP, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD44 antibody [KM201]
See all CD44 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [KM201] to CD44
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Epitopeab25340 reacts with an epitope very close to the hyaluronate binding domain on the CD44 molecule.
- Flow Cyt: BALB/c mouse bone marrow cells.
ab25340 can inhibit hyaluronate-dependent cell aggregation, prevent lympho-hemopoiesis in both Dexter and WhitlockWitte Cultures, prevent the earliest intrathymic precursors from homing to the thymus and costimulate the activation of freshly purified splenic CD4+ T cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 8.20
Constituent: 100% Borate buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18407 - Rat monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Information by UniProt
- LHR antibody
- BA-1 antibody
- CD 44 antibody
ab25340 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Lim HY et al. Hyaluronan Receptor LYVE-1-Expressing Macrophages Maintain Arterial Tone through Hyaluronan-Mediated Regulation of Smooth Muscle Cell Collagen. Immunity 49:326-341.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30054204
- Wang D et al. BMP14 induces tenogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in vitro. Exp Ther Med 16:1165-1174 (2018). PubMed: 30116367
- Inubushi T et al. Palovarotene Inhibits Osteochondroma Formation in a Mouse Model of Multiple Hereditary Exostoses. J Bone Miner Res 33:658-666 (2018). PubMed: 29120519
- Sargent A et al. CNS disease diminishes the therapeutic functionality of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Neurol 295:222-232 (2017). PubMed: 28602834
- Inubushi T et al. Aberrant perichondrial BMP signaling mediates multiple osteochondromagenesis in mice. JCI Insight 2:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28768899