Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [VFF-327] to CD44v3
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD44v3 antibody [VFF-327]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [VFF-327] to CD44v3
SpecificityThis antibody specifically recognises an epitope encoded by exon V3 on the variant portion of human CD44
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34229 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events. There are 17 different isoforms.
Cellular localizationMembrane; single-pass type I membrane protein
- CD44 antigen antibody
- CD44 molecule antibody
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan antibody
ab34229 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li J et al. Elevated N-methyltransferase expression induced by hepatic stellate cells contributes to the metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma via regulation of the CD44v3 isoform. Mol Oncol 13:1993-2009 (2019). PubMed: 31294922
- Alam TN et al. Differential expression of CD44 during human prostate epithelial cell differentiation. J Histochem Cytochem 52:1083-90 (2004). PubMed: 15258184
- Seiter S et al. Mitigation of delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions by a CD44 variant isoform v3-specific antibody: blockade of leukocyte egress. J Invest Dermatol 113:11-21 (1999). PubMed: 10417612