Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [IBL-3/16] to CD45
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD45 antibody [IBL-3/16]
See all CD45 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [IBL-3/16] to CD45
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Rat, Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Mouse CD45. Purified B cells from mouse lymph nodes.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesIg fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation from tissue culture supernatant.
FunctionProtein tyrosine-protein phosphatase required for T-cell activation through the antigen receptor. Acts as a positive regulator of T-cell coactivation upon binding to DPP4. The first PTPase domain has enzymatic activity, while the second one seems to affect the substrate specificity of the first one. Upon T-cell activation, recruits and dephosphorylates SKAP1 and FYN.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PTPRC are a cause of severe combined immunodeficiency autosomal recessive T-cell-negative/B-cell-positive/NK-cell-positive (T(-)B(+)NK(+) SCID) [MIM:608971]. A form of severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), a genetically and clinically heterogeneous group of rare congenital disorders characterized by impairment of both humoral and cell-mediated immunity, leukopenia, and low or absent antibody levels. Patients present in infancy recurrent, persistent infections by opportunistic organisms. The common characteristic of all types of SCID is absence of T-cell-mediated cellular immunity due to a defect in T-cell development.
Genetic variations in PTPRC are involved in multiple sclerosis susceptibility (MS) [MIM:126200]. MS is a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by the gradual accumulation of focal plaques of demyelination particularly in the periventricular areas of the brain. Peripheral nerves are not affected. Onset usually in third or fourth decade with intermittent progression over an extended period. The cause is still uncertain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Receptor class 1/6 subfamily.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 2 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domains.
DomainThe first PTPase domain interacts with SKAP1.
modificationsHeavily N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Membrane raft. Colocalized with DPP4 in membrane rafts.
- Information by UniProt
- B220 antibody
- CD 45 antibody
- CD45 antibody
ab23910 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Jiang D et al. Injury triggers fascia fibroblast collective cell migration to drive scar formation through N-cadherin. Nat Commun 11:5653 (2020). PubMed: 33159076
- Raso A et al. Therapeutic Delivery of miR-148a Suppresses Ventricular Dilation in Heart Failure. Mol Ther 27:584-599 (2019). PubMed: 30559069
- Wang F et al. Data on the expression and role of TREM-1 in the development of in-stent restenosis. Data Brief 16:604-607 (2018). PubMed: 29264376
- Chen Q et al. Genetic lineage tracing analysis of c-kit+ stem/progenitor cells revealed a contribution to vascular injury-induced neointimal lesions. J Mol Cell Cardiol 121:277-286 (2018). PubMed: 30053526
- Ziegler KA et al. Local sympathetic denervation attenuates myocardial inflammation and improves cardiac function after myocardial infarction in mice. Cardiovasc Res 114:291-299 (2018). PubMed: 29186414
- Duraiswamy S et al. Purification of Intracellular Bacterial Communities during Experimental Urinary Tract Infection Reveals an Abundant and Viable Bacterial Reservoir. Infect Immun 86:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29378794
- Patschan D et al. Endothelial Colony Forming Cells (ECFCs) in murine AKI - implications for future cell-based therapies. BMC Nephrol 18:53 (2017). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 28166726
- Zhao Y et al. Human glioma stem-like cells induce malignant transformation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by activating TERT expression. Oncotarget 8:104418-104429 (2017). IF . PubMed: 29262650
- Han H et al. Renal recruitment of B lymphocytes exacerbates tubulointerstitial fibrosis by promoting monocyte mobilization and infiltration after unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Pathol 241:80-90 (2017). PubMed: 27763657
- Lee BC et al. Deubiquitinase CYLD acts as a negative regulator for bacterium NTHi-induced inflammation by suppressing K63-linked ubiquitination of MyD88. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E165-71 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 26719415