Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to CD55
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20145 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Fix with acetone.|
FunctionThis protein recognizes C4b and C3b fragments that condense with cell-surface hydroxyl or amino groups when nascent C4b and C3b are locally generated during C4 and c3 activation. Interaction of daf with cell-associated C4b and C3b polypeptides interferes with their ability to catalyze the conversion of C2 and factor B to enzymatically active C2a and Bb and thereby prevents the formation of C4b2a and C3bBb, the amplification convertases of the complement cascade.
Tissue specificityExpressed on the plasma membranes of all cell types that are in intimate contact with plasma complement proteins. It is also found on the surfaces of epithelial cells lining extracellular compartments, and variants of the molecule are present in body fluids and in extracellular matrix.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the receptors of complement activation (RCA) family.
Contains 4 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
DomainThe first Sushi domain (SCR1) is not necessary for function. SCR2 and SCR4 provide the proper conformation for the active site on SCR3.
modificationsThe Ser/Thr-rich domain is heavily O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 55 antibody
- CD55 antibody
- CD55 antigen antibody
ab20145 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bahia El Idrissi N et al. Complement activation at the motor end-plates in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neuroinflammation 13:72 (2016). PubMed: 27056040
- Kamada K et al. Expression of sphingosine kinase 2 in synovial fibroblasts of rheumatoid arthritis contributing to apoptosis by a sphingosine analogue, FTY720. Pathol Int 59:382-9 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 19490468
- Franchi A et al. Expression of immunomodulatory genes, their protein products and specific ligands/receptors during the window of implantation in the human endometrium. Mol Hum Reprod 14:413-21 (2008). PubMed: 18524812
- Leitinger B & Hogg N The involvement of lipid rafts in the regulation of integrin function. J Cell Sci 115:963-72 (2002). PubMed: 11870215
- Palmer DG et al. Features of synovial membrane identified with monoclonal antibodies. Clin Exp Immunol 59:529-38 (1985). PubMed: 3886218