Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD62P
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD62P antibody
See all CD62P primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD62P
SpecificityThe antibody recognizes 84kDa CD62P.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 756 of mouse CD62P.
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesaffinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59738 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 84 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa).|
FunctionCa(2+)-dependent receptor for myeloid cells that binds to carbohydrates on neutrophils and monocytes. Mediates the interaction of activated endothelial cells or platelets with leukocytes. The ligand recognized is sialyl-Lewis X. Mediates rapid rolling of leukocyte rolling over vascular surfaces during the initial steps in inflammation through interaction with PSGL1.
Tissue specificityStored in the alpha-granules of platelets and Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells. Upon cell activation by agonists, P-selectin is transported rapidly to the cell surface.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SELP may be a cause of susceptibility to ischemic stroke (ISCHSTR) [MIM:601367]; also known as cerebrovascular accident or cerebral infarction. A stroke is an acute neurologic event leading to death of neural tissue of the brain and resulting in loss of motor, sensory and/or cognitive function. Ischemic strokes, resulting from vascular occlusion, is considered to be a highly complex disease consisting of a group of heterogeneous disorders with multiple genetic and environmental risk factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the selectin/LECAM family.
Contains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 9 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen CD62 antibody
- CD62 antibody
- CD62 antigen-like family member P antibody
Anti-CD62P antibody (ab59738) at 0.5 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size: 91 kDa
Observed band size: 84 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab59738 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wadey RM et al. Inflammatory adipocyte-derived extracellular vesicles promote leukocyte attachment to vascular endothelial cells. Atherosclerosis 283:19-27 (2019). PubMed: 30771557
- Alghamdi TA et al. Histone H3 Serine 10 Phosphorylation Facilitates Endothelial Activation in Diabetic Kidney Disease. Diabetes 67:2668-2681 (2018). PubMed: 30213824
- He M et al. Treatment with BX471, a CC chemokine receptor 1 antagonist, attenuates systemic inflammatory response during sepsis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1173-80 (2007). PubMed: 17234893
- Lau HY & Bhatia M Effect of CP-96,345 on the expression of adhesion molecules in acute pancreatitis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1283-92 (2007). PubMed: 17218475