Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AD1] to CD63
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD63 antibody [AD1]
See all CD63 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AD1] to CD63
SpecificityRat CD63 is expressed on mast cells, and studies using clone AD1, have shown that it is located near to FcER1, and that clone AD1 partially inhibits IgE-mediated histamine release
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to CD63. (RBL-2H3 rat basophilic leukaemia cell line)
- Flow Cytometry: Rat peripheral blood platelets.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108950 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/200.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
FunctionThis antigen is associated with early stages of melanoma tumor progression. May play a role in growth regulation.
Tissue specificityDysplastic nevi, radial growth phase primary melanomas, hematopoietic cells, tissue macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Lysosome membrane. Late endosome membrane. Also found in Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells. Located in platelet dense granules.
- Information by UniProt
- Lysosomal associated membrane protein 3 antibody
- CD 63 antibody
- CD63 antibody
ab108950 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Chen Q et al. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell-secreted exosomes carrying microRNA-125b protect against myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury via targeting SIRT7. Mol Cell Biochem 465:103-114 (2020). PubMed: 31858380
- Chen A et al. Inhibition of miR-155-5p attenuates the valvular damage induced by rheumatic heart disease. Int J Mol Med 45:429-440 (2020). PubMed: 31894293
- Gao G et al. Circulating MicroRNAs as Novel Potential Biomarkers for Left Ventricular Remodeling in Postinfarction Heart Failure. Dis Markers 2019:5093803 (2019). PubMed: 31885737
- Zou L et al. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes protect against myocardial infarction by promoting autophagy. Exp Ther Med 18:2574-2582 (2019). PubMed: 31555366
- Li QC et al. Prophylactic treatment with MSC-derived exosomes attenuates traumatic acute lung injury in rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 316:L1107-L1117 (2019). PubMed: 30892077