Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MX-49.129.5] to CD63
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD63 antibody [MX-49.129.5]
See all CD63 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MX-49.129.5] to CD63
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Cat
Full length protein corresponding to Human CD63 aa 1-238.
MAVEGGMKCVKFLLYVLLLAFCACAVGLIAVGVGAQLVLSQTIIQGATPG SLLPVVIIAVGVFLFLVAFVGCCGACKENYCLMITFAIFLSLIMLVEVAA AIAGYVFRDKVMSEFNNNFRQQMENYPKNNHTASILDRMQADFKCCGAAN YTDWEKIPSMSKNRVPDSCCINVTVGCGINFNEKAIHKEGCVEKIGGWLR KNVLVVAAAALGIAFVEVLGIVFACCLVKSIRSGYEVM
Database link: P08962
- SK-MEL-28, HL60 or THP-1 cells. Melanoma or lymphoma.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab193349 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5-1µl for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis antigen is associated with early stages of melanoma tumor progression. May play a role in growth regulation.
Tissue specificityDysplastic nevi, radial growth phase primary melanomas, hematopoietic cells, tissue macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Lysosome membrane. Late endosome membrane. Also found in Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells. Located in platelet dense granules.
- Information by UniProt
- Lysosomal associated membrane protein 3 antibody
- CD 63 antibody
- CD63 antibody
Anti-CD63 antibody [MX-49.129.5] (ab193349) at 0.5 µg/ml + Human Spleen at 2 µg
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human melanoma tissue labeling CD63 with ab193349. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues is enhanced by boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes. The antibody was applied at 0.5 ug/ml for 30 minutes at room temperature.
ab193349 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Mattera VS et al. Extracellular vesicles containing the transferrin receptor as nanocarriers of apotransferrin. J Neurochem N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32248519
- Huang W et al. Exosomes with low miR-34c-3p expression promote invasion and migration of non-small cell lung cancer by upregulating integrin a2ß1. Signal Transduct Target Ther 5:39 (2020). PubMed: 32317629
- Fan Y et al. Exosomal PD-L1 Retains Immunosuppressive Activity and is Associated with Gastric Cancer Prognosis. Ann Surg Oncol 26:3745-3755 (2019). PubMed: 31087180
- Zhu G et al. Exosomes from human-bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells protect against renal ischemia/reperfusion injury via transferring miR-199a-3p. J Cell Physiol 234:23736-23749 (2019). PubMed: 31180587
- Li D et al. Increases in miR-124-3p in Microglial Exosomes Confer Neuroprotective Effects by Targeting FIP200-Mediated Neuronal Autophagy Following Traumatic Brain Injury. Neurochem Res 44:1903-1923 (2019). PubMed: 31190315