Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NK1/C3] to CD63
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD63 antibody [NK1/C3]
See all CD63 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NK1/C3] to CD63
SpecificityThis antibody is specific to a 53 kD protein, expressed on activated platelets. CD63 is a lysosomal membrane glycoprotein that is translocated to plasma membrane after platelet activation. It is also expressed on granulocytes, B cells and T cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Smooth plasma membrane fraction of MeWo cells.
- ICC/IF: HAP1 cells (HAP1-CD63 knockout cells used as negative cell line)
CD63 is expressed on activated platelets. CD63 is a lysosomal membrane glycoprotein that is translocated to plasma membrane after platelet activation. It is also present in monocytes and macrophages and is weakly expressed in granulocytes, B, and T cells. CD63 is identical to the melanoma-associated antigen ME491 and to the platelet antigen PTLGP40.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesCD63 is expressed on activated platelets. CD63 is a lysosomal membrane glycoprotein that is translocated to plasma membrane after platelet activation. It is also present in monocytes and macrophages and is weakly expressed in granulocytes, B, and T cells. CD63 is identical to the melanoma-associated antigen ME491 and to the platelet antigen PTLGP40.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Use between 1 and 5 ug/ml. Signal can be observed in cells fixed with methanol or PFA.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
(Also see PMID 19129916).
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThis antigen is associated with early stages of melanoma tumor progression. May play a role in growth regulation.
Tissue specificityDysplastic nevi, radial growth phase primary melanomas, hematopoietic cells, tissue macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Lysosome membrane. Late endosome membrane. Also found in Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells. Located in platelet dense granules.
- Information by UniProt
- Lysosomal associated membrane protein 3 antibody
- CD 63 antibody
- CD63 antibody
ab1318 staining human melanoma by IHC-P.
Overlay histogram showing HL60 cells stained with ab1318 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab1318, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-Mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was Mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2 µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HL60 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab1318 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Aaberg-Jessen C et al. Co-expression of TIMP-1 and its cell surface binding partner CD63 in glioblastomas. BMC Cancer 18:270 (2018). PubMed: 29523123
- Khazen R et al. Melanoma cell lysosome secretory burst neutralizes the CTL-mediated cytotoxicity at the lytic synapse. Nat Commun 7:10823 (2016). PubMed: 26940455
- Herfs M et al. A discrete population of squamocolumnar junction cells implicated in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:10516-21 (2012). PubMed: 22689991
- Turner NA et al. Endothelial cell ADAMTS-13 and VWF: production, release, and VWF string cleavage. Blood 114:5102-11 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19822897
- Wang AL et al. Autophagy and exosomes in the aged retinal pigment epithelium: possible relevance to drusen formation and age-related macular degeneration. PLoS One 4:e4160 (2009). IHC-P, Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 19129916