Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [FA-11] to CD68 (Alexa Fluor® 647)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (Alexa Fluor® 647)
See all CD68 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [FA-11] to CD68 (Alexa Fluor® 647)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Mouse CD68.
- ICC/IF: RAW246.7 cells
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab199571)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab201844)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (HRP) (ab216526)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (PE) (ab216701)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (PerCP) (ab220509)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (APC) (ab221251)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] - BSA and Azide free (ab237968)
- Anti-CD68 antibody [FA-11] (ab53444)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab201845 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product gave a positive signal in RAW264.7 cells fixed with 100% methanol (5 min)
FunctionCould play a role in phagocytic activities of tissue macrophages, both in intracellular lysosomal metabolism and extracellular cell-cell and cell-pathogen interactions. Binds to tissue- and organ-specific lectins or selectins, allowing homing of macrophage subsets to particular sites. Rapid recirculation of CD68 from endosomes and lysosomes to the plasma membrane may allow macrophages to crawl over selectin-bearing substrates or other cells.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed by blood monocytes and tissue macrophages. Also expressed in lymphocytes, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. Expressed in many tumor cell lines which could allow them to attach to selectins on vascular endothelium, facilitating their dissemination to secondary sites.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 68 antibody
- CD68 antibody
- CD68 antigen antibody
ab201845 staining CD68 in RAW264.7 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab201845 at 1/200 dilution (shown in red) and ab195887, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 488), at 1/250 dilution (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab201845 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Swiderski K et al. Deletion of suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) in muscle stem cells does not alter muscle regeneration in mice after injury. PLoS One 14:e0212880 (2019). PubMed: 30811469
- Ordonez AA et al. Radiosynthesis and PET Bioimaging of 76Br-Bedaquiline in a Murine Model of Tuberculosis. ACS Infect Dis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31345032
- Wen G et al. Genetic and Pharmacologic Inhibition of the Neutrophil Elastase Inhibits Experimental Atherosclerosis. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29437605
- Xu S et al. Ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73) attenuates inflammation after spinal cord injury by promoting macrophages/microglia M2 polarization in mice. J Neuroinflammation 15:155 (2018). PubMed: 29788960