Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [KP1] to CD68, prediluted
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD68 antibody [KP1], prediluted
See all CD68 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [KP1] to CD68, prediluted
SpecificityThis antibody is specific to macrophages in a wide variety of human tissues. It reacts with myeloid precursors and peripheral blood granulocytes. It also stains a cell population known as Plasmacytoid T cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Subcellular fraction of human alveolar macrophages.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab845 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Proteolytic treatment is required prior to immunostaining of formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections. High temperature antigen unmasking may improve the staining.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Acetone fixed.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCould play a role in phagocytic activities of tissue macrophages, both in intracellular lysosomal metabolism and extracellular cell-cell and cell-pathogen interactions. Binds to tissue- and organ-specific lectins or selectins, allowing homing of macrophage subsets to particular sites. Rapid recirculation of CD68 from endosomes and lysosomes to the plasma membrane may allow macrophages to crawl over selectin-bearing substrates or other cells.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed by blood monocytes and tissue macrophages. Also expressed in lymphocytes, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. Expressed in many tumor cell lines which could allow them to attach to selectins on vascular endothelium, facilitating their dissemination to secondary sites.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 68 antibody
- CD68 antibody
- CD68 antigen antibody
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab845 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab845, 1/4 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab845 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Wu SQ et al. Prognostic roles of tumor associated macrophages in bladder cancer: a system review and meta-analysis. Oncotarget 9:25294-25303 (2018). PubMed: 29861872
- Zeis T et al. Molecular pathology of Multiple Sclerosis lesions reveals a heterogeneous expression pattern of genes involved in oligodendrogliogenesis. Exp Neurol 305:76-88 (2018). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 29596844
- Ramakrishnan KA et al. Anticytokine autoantibodies in a patient with a heterozygous NFKB2 mutation. J Allergy Clin Immunol 141:1479-1482.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29225085
- Ren CX et al. Intratumoral and peritumoral expression of CD68 and CD206 in hepatocellular carcinoma and their prognostic value. Oncol Rep 38:886-898 (2017). PubMed: 28656201
- Tervahartiala M et al. Immunological tumor status may predict response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and outcome after radical cystectomy in bladder cancer. Sci Rep 7:12682 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28978923