Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin)
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (Allophycocyanin)
ConjugationAllophycocyanin. Ex: 645nm, Em: 660nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP, Functional Studiesmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
This antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Biotin) (ab25176)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin -Texas Red®) (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin) (ab25498)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (FITC) (ab25676)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Cy5 ®) (ab39850)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy7 ®) (ab39853)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin/Cy5.5 ® ) (ab82005)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy5®) (ab95588)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25499 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab129719 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD8α+ cells. Fractionation of CD8α+ T cells.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD8 antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhu G et al. ShenQi FuZheng Injection ameliorates fatigue-like behavior in mouse models of cancer-related fatigue. Biomed Pharmacother 111:1376-1382 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30841452) »
- Anraku M et al. Synergistic antitumor effects of regulatory T cell blockade combined with pemetrexed in murine malignant mesothelioma. J Immunol 185:956-66 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20548032) »