Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP, Functional Studies
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE)
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE)
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP, Functional Studiesmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
This antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Biotin) (ab25176)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Texas Red®) (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (APC) (ab25499)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (FITC) (ab25676)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE) (ab272343)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Cy5 ®) (ab39850)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy7®) (ab39853)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (APC/Cy5.5®) (ab82005)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy5®) (ab95588)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25498 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab134674 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24466045
Fix with acetone.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration. (In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD8a+ cells; Fractionation of CD8a+ T cells)|
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab25498 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Trautmann T et al. CD4+ T-cell help is required for effective CD8+ T cell-mediated resolution of acute viral hepatitis in mice. PLoS One 9:e86348 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24466045