Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy5®)
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE/Cy5®)
ConjugationPE/Cy5®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 670nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Spleen cells of Mouse origin
- BALB/c splenocytes; mouse thymocyte and splenocyte suspensions
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Biotin) (ab25176)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin -Texas Red®) (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin) (ab25498)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin) (ab25499)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (FITC) (ab25676)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Cy5 ®) (ab39850)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy7 ®) (ab39853)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin/Cy5.5 ® ) (ab82005)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95588 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Staining the cell sample in a final volume of 100 µL is recommended.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD8 antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Yang Z et al. Myocardial infarct-sparing effect of adenosine A2A receptor activation is due to its action on CD4+ T lymphocytes. Circulation 114:2056-64 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17060376) »
- Taylor JL et al. Factors associated with severe granulomatous pneumonia in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected mice vaccinated therapeutically with hsp65 DNA. Infect Immun 73:5189-93 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16041037) »