Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy7 ®)
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE/Cy7 ®)
ConjugationPE/Cy7 ®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 774nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, Functional Studies, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
This product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5,268,486 and related patents. Cy and CyDye are trademarks of GE Healthcare Limited.
In vivo and in vitro treatment with the 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody effectively depletes CD8 alpha+ cells. The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesIn vivo and in vitro treatment with the 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody effectively depletes CD8 alpha+ cells. The 53-6.7 monoclonal antibody also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Biotin) (ab25176)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin -Texas Red®) (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Phycoerythrin) (ab25498)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin) (ab25499)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (FITC) (ab25676)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Cy5 ®) (ab39850)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Allophycocyanin/Cy5.5 ® ) (ab82005)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy5®) (ab95588)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab154460 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD8a+ cells and fractionation of CD8a+ T cells.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD8 antibody
- CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Hu Y et al. Effect of TGF-ß1 on blood CD4+CD25high regulatory T cell proliferation and Foxp3 expression during non-small cell lung cancer blood metastasis. Exp Ther Med 16:1403-1410 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30112067) »
- Bursen A et al. The AF4.MLL fusion protein is capable of inducing ALL in mice without requirement of MLL.AF4. Blood 115:3570-9 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20194896) »