Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE/Texas Red®)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE/Texas Red®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 613nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Texas Red®)
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha (PE/Texas Red®)
ConjugationPE/Texas Red®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 613nm
Specificityab25194 recognises CD8 alpha. In vivo and in vitro treatment with ab25294 effectively depletes CD8a+ cells. It also blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 16% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Biotin) (ab25176)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE) (ab25498)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (APC) (ab25499)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (FITC) (ab25676)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE) (ab272343)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (Cy5 ®) (ab39850)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy7®) (ab39853)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (APC/Cy5.5®) (ab82005)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (PE/Cy5®) (ab95588)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25294 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.2µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
In vivo and in vitro depletion of CD8alpha+ cells: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Fractionation of CD8alpha+ T cells: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
Flow cytometry analysis of BALB/c mouse splenocytes labelling CD8 alpha with ab25294 at 0.1 µg/106cells and CD4 with ab25496.
ab25294 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yan J et al. Protective immunity to H7N9 influenza viruses elicited by synthetic DNA vaccine. Vaccine 32:2833-42 (2014). PubMed: 24631084
- Tomov VT et al. Persistent enteric murine norovirus infection is associated with functionally suboptimal virus-specific CD8 T cell responses. J Virol 87:7015-31 (2013). PubMed: 23596300
- Hall JM et al. Chronic psychological stress suppresses contact hypersensitivity: Potential roles of dysregulated cell trafficking and decreased IFN-? production. Brain Behav Immun N/A:N/A (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24184400
- Break TJ et al. Extracellular superoxide dismutase inhibits innate immune responses and clearance of an intracellular bacterial infection. J Immunol 188:3342-50 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 22393157
- Hall AO et al. The cytokines interleukin 27 and interferon-? promote distinct Treg cell populations required to limit infection-induced pathology. Immunity 37:511-23 (2012). PubMed: 22981537
- Meeks KD et al. IL-23 is required for protection against systemic infection with Listeria monocytogenes. J Immunol 183:8026-34 (2009). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 19923464