Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD8 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4055 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab4055 staining CD8 alpha in human spleen tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citric acid. Samples were incubated with the primary antibody (1/100 in TBS/BSA/azide) for 16 hours at 21°C. A biotin-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab4055 staining CD8 alpha in Human lymph node tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked for 5 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 1 hour at 25°C. A Biotin-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab4055 at 1/200 staining CD8 alpha in human tonsil tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab4055 at 1/500 dilution staining CD8 alpha from human PBMC (Peripheral blood mononuclear cells) tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed prior to incubation with the antibody for 20 minutes. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab4055 has been referenced in 126 publications.
- Mahmood U et al. A Randomized Phase 2 Study of Pembrolizumab With or Without Radiation in Patients With Recurrent or Metastatic Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 109:134-144 (2021). PubMed: 32781104
- Jin K et al. NOTCH-induced rerouting of endosomal trafficking disables regulatory T cells in vasculitis. J Clin Invest 131:N/A (2021). PubMed: 32960812
- Maximova OA et al. Virus infection of the CNS disrupts the immune-neural-synaptic axis via induction of pleiotropic gene regulation of host responses. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33599611
- Hu Q et al. Clinical Use of Propranolol Reduces Biomarkers of Proliferation in Gastric Cancer. Front Oncol 11:628613 (2021). PubMed: 33981600
- Stone D et al. Gene Transfer in Adeno-Associated Virus Seropositive Rhesus Macaques Following Rapamycin Treatment and Subcutaneous Delivery of AAV6, but Not Retargeted AAV6 Vectors. Hum Gene Ther 32:96-112 (2021). PubMed: 32998579