Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [C8/144B]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [C8/144B] to CD8 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-R, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CD8 alpha (C terminal).
Database link: P01732
- IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue. Flow Cyt: Human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17147 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-R||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab17147 staining CD8 in human nasal polyp and tonsil tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with 10% formalin for 24 hours and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using EDTA pH 8.0. Samples were then blocked with 20% DMEM and 1% BSA in culture medium for 20 minutes at 21°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/150 dilution, for 18 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated rabbit anti-mouse (Fab2) polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/400 dilution.An Avidin Biotin blocking step was used in addition to those already mentioned.
Human peripheral blood lymphocytes stained with ab17147 (red line). Human whole blood was processed using a modified protocol based on Chow et al, 2005 (PMID: 16080188). In brief, human whole blood was fixed in 4% formaldehyde (methanol-free) for 10 min at 22°C. Red blood cells were then lyzed by the addition of Triton X-100 (final concentration - 0.1%) for 15 min at 37°C. For experimentation, cells were treated with 50% methanol (-20°C) for 15 min at 4°C. Cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17147, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 4°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >30,000 total events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. Gating strategy - peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human tonsil stained with CD8 using ABC and DAB chromogen.
All lanes : Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [C8/144B] (ab17147) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Peripheral T-lymphocyte lysate
Lane 2 : PC3 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : AP-conjugated polyclonal goat anti-mouse IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 29 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 15 minutes
Blocked with 4% BSA for 2 hours at 20°C.
Incubated with the primary antibody for 30 minutes.
ab17147 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Miksch RC et al. Prognostic Impact of Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Neutrophils on Survival of Patients with Upfront Resection of Pancreatic Cancer. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30609853
- de Groot AF et al. Strong CD8+ lymphocyte infiltration in combination with expression of HLA class I is associated with better tumor control in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat 175:605-615 (2019). PubMed: 30868392
- Vidotto T et al. PTEN-deficient prostate cancer is associated with an immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment mediated by increased expression of IDO1 and infiltrating FoxP3+ T regulatory cells. Prostate 79:969-979 (2019). PubMed: 30999388
- Zhang Y et al. Deep single-cell RNA sequencing data of individual T cells from treatment-naïve colorectal cancer patients. Sci Data 6:131 (2019). PubMed: 31341169
- Zhou C et al. Development and validation of a seven-immune-feature-based prognostic score for oral squamous cell carcinoma after curative resection. Int J Cancer N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31304591