Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1150] to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [EP1150]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1150] to CD8 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CD8 alpha aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P01732
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899) can be used as a positive control in WB. IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue. ICC/IF: U-937 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108343 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) labeling CD8 alpha with ab108343 at 1/40 dilution, followed by F(ab')2 Frag Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) Alexa Fluor® 488.Gating Strategy: lymphocytes based on FSC vs SSC.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of U-937 cells labelling CD8 alpha with ab108343 at a 1/200 dilution. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. ab150077, an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody. The cells were counterstained with ab195889, an Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated mouse anti-tubulin antibody (1/200). Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Secondary antibody only control: PBS instead of primary antibody.
Cytoplasmic staining seen in U-937 cells.
ab108343 at 1/250 dilution staining CD8 alpha in Human tonsil tissue by Immunohistochemistry Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108343 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhou S et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 1 and Programmed Cell Death-ligand 1 Co-expression Predicts Poor Pathologic Response and Recurrence in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30717285
- Li S et al. Oxidative stress drives CD8+ T-cell skin trafficking in patients with vitiligo through CXCL16 upregulation by activating the unfolded protein response in keratinocytes. J Allergy Clin Immunol 140:177-189.e9 (2017). PubMed: 27826097
- Sato T et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase in pancreatic tumor stroma augments tumor development in mice. Cancer Sci 108:2156-2165 (2017). PubMed: 28837246
- Mori K et al. Systemic Analysis of Predictive Biomarkers for Recurrence in Colorectal Cancer Patients Treated with Curative Surgery. Dig Dis Sci 60:2477-87 (2015). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 25840921
- Yokoseki A et al. Hypertrophic pachymeningitis: significance of myeloperoxidase anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody. Brain 137:520-36 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24271323
- Qin L et al. CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes in lung tissue of NSIP: correlation with T lymphocytes in BALF. Respir Med 107:120-7 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23085212