Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OX-8] to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, Blocking, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [OX-8]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OX-8] to CD8 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, Blocking, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Tissue, cells or virus. High molecular weight rat thymocyte glycoproteins
- WB: Rat thymus tissue lysate. IHC-P: Rat Spleen
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33786 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
IHC image of CD8 alpha staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal Rat Spleen performed on a Leica BOND™ system using the standard Protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab33923, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset secondary-only control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody. For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [OX-8] (ab33786) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat thymus tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 32 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 55 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was blocked for an hour using 3% milk before ab33786 and ab176560 (Rabbit anti-alpha Tubulin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at a 1 μg/ml concentration and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Antibody binding was detected using Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
ab33786 staining CD8 alpha in rat spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with 10% neutral buffered formalin and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer. Samples were then permeabilized with Triton X-100, blocked using 5% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab33786 at a 1/100 dilution for 1 hour at 25°C. The secondary used was a biotin-conjugated rabbit anti-mouse polyclonal, used at a 1/300 dilution.
ab33786 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- De Oliveira Andrade F et al. Effects of Jaeumkanghwa-tang on tamoxifen responsiveness in preclinical ER+ breast cancer model. Endocr Relat Cancer 26:339-353 (2019). PubMed: 30640711
- Wang M et al. Aberrant accumulation of Dickkopf 4 promotes tumor progression via forming the immune suppressive microenvironment in gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Cancer Med 8:5352-5366 (2019). PubMed: 31353847
- Mauseth B et al. The Novel Oncolytic Compound LTX-401 Induces Antitumor Immune Responses in Experimental Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Mol Ther Oncolytics 14:139-148 (2019). PubMed: 31211244
- Li W et al. Integrated tumor stromal features of hepatocellular carcinoma reveals two distinct subtypes with prognostic/predictive significance. Aging (Albany NY) 11:4478-4509 (2019). PubMed: 31299011
- Tahta A et al. Assessment of the MRI and Behavioral Test Results in a Focal Cerebral Ischemia-Reperfusion Model in the Rat after Separate and Combined Use of Mouse-Derived Neural Progenitor Cells, Human-Derived Neural Progenitor Cells and Atorvastatin. Turk Neurosurg 28:571-581 (2018). PubMed: 30192361