Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [YTC182.20] to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Monkey, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody [YTC182.20]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [YTC182.20] to CD8 alpha
Recognizes the human CD8 alpha cell surface antigen
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human CD8 alpha. Mouse L cells transfected with human CD8 alpha gene.
Database link: P01732
- Human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60076 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/200.
Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab60076 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sun C et al. Oncofetal gene SALL4 reactivation by hepatitis B virus counteracts miR-200c in PD-L1-induced T cell exhaustion. Nat Commun 9:1241 (2018). PubMed: 29593314
- Gonzalez-Duque S et al. Conventional and Neo-antigenic Peptides Presented by ß Cells Are Targeted by Circulating Naïve CD8+ T Cells in Type 1 Diabetic and Healthy Donors. Cell Metab 28:946-960.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30078552
- Rathinasamy A et al. Tumor specific regulatory T cells in the bone marrow of breast cancer patients selectively upregulate the emigration receptor S1P1. Cancer Immunol Immunother 66:593-603 (2017). PubMed: 28224210
- Wen T et al. A Four-Factor Immunoscore System That Predicts Clinical Outcome for Stage II/III Gastric Cancer. Cancer Immunol Res 5:524-534 (2017). PubMed: 28619967