Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-233] to CD80
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233]
See all CD80 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-233] to CD80
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Fusion protein (Human).
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 24th January 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typeunknown
- FITC Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab18279)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab233572)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab234229)
- Alexa Fluor® 700 Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab270668)
- APC Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab27554)
- PE Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233], prediluted (ab69778)
- PerCP Anti-CD80 antibody [MEM-233] (ab82410)
FunctionInvolved in the costimulatory signal essential for T-lymphocyte activation. T-cell proliferation and cytokine production is induced by the binding of CD28 or CTLA-4 to this receptor.
Tissue specificityExpressed on activated B-cells, macrophages and dendritic cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Activation B7-1 antigen antibody
- B lymphocyte activation antigen B7 antibody
- B7 antibody
ab8239 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Reiner A et al. Motor, visual and emotional deficits in mice after closed-head mild traumatic brain injury are alleviated by the novel CB2 inverse agonist SMM-189. Int J Mol Sci 16:758-87 (2014). PubMed: 25561230
- Hoffmann D et al. Evaluation of twenty-one human adenovirus types and one infectivity-enhanced adenovirus for the treatment of malignant melanoma. J Invest Dermatol 128:988-98 (2008). PubMed: 17960177